Editorial Assistant / Junior or Trainee Editor that is creative and has a passion for books is required for an international publishing company based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire.
LOCATION: Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
** Excellent Career Progression Opportunities **
We have an excellent opportunity for a highly creative Editorial Assistant / Junior or Trainee Editor who has a passion for books and is keen to start a career in the publishing industry.
Successful candidates can expect to gain in-depth industry knowledge combined with hands-on experience within this growing publishing company.
As an essential part of the team, working as the Editorial Assistant / Junior or Trainee Editor, you will be involved with a wide range of duties, including writing AI sheets, updating the website and social media accounts, proofreading and checking reprint files and responding to customer enquiries.
This position will provide a fantastic foundation for anyone wishing to establish a successful publishing career and offers great career development opportunities within the company.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Editorial Assistant / Junior or Trainee Editor include:
- Ensuring timely responses are made to all customer enquiries and communicating relevant enquiries with Sales, Production, Editorial or Design
- Checking files for reprints and reprint plotters, working with the Reprint and Production Teams
- Logging reprint notes from the plotters and advances
- Preparing and updating AI sheets
- Preparing content for the UK and US websites under instruction from Design and Sales
- Ensuring all social media accounts are updated regularly, under the supervision of the Editor
- Managing file copies by logging plate changes, filing details and preparing excess titles to send back to the warehouse
- Assisting with editorial content for all catalogues
- Completing picture research for specific projects
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- You will have an excellent knowledge of grammar and spelling
- You will have a passion for books for young children: photographic, illustrated, non-fiction and fiction
- You must be very organised, motivated and have a high attention to detail
- You will have excellent time-management skills
- You will be confident, creative and have a real flair for writing
- You must be flexible and able to work well in a team
- Experience using Word, Excel, Mac OSX and InDesign would be an advantage, but is not essential
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P3808
Full-Time, Permanent Creative / Publishing Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Recruitment in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk