Editor who has a good understanding of the editorial process with excellent organisational, copy editing and proofreading skills and publishing experience is required for a well-established Publisher based in Sywell, Northamptonshire, East Midlands.
SALARY: Negotiable + Benefit
LOCATION: Sywell, Northamptonshire, East Midlands
JOB TYPE: 12 Months Full-Time, Maternity Cover Contract
The company offer flexi hours and opportunities to split your working week between the home and the office.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Editor who has a good understanding of the editorial process with excellent organisational, copy editing and proofreading skills and publishing experience.
Are you searching for an exciting editorial and project management opportunity in the publishing industry? Look no further!
This well-established Publisher has a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic, organised and creative Editor to join its publishing team, based in Sywell in Northamptonshire.
As an Editor you will be responsible for a wide range of titles across their adult and Autumn publishing lists, encompassing adult lifestyle and children’s non-fiction products for global markets. Working with the Head of Publishing and creative team, you will manage and edit illustrated book and related projects in multiple formats.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Editor looking to develop their editorial and project management skills, while having a great time working with our friendly team on our brilliant books.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Project manage books in partnership with an in-house designer, making sure key schedule milestones are hit and final files are supplied on time
- Brief, research, write, copy-edit, proofread and sign off a wide range of books across a variety of formats and novelties, to make the best product possible
- Make sure all layouts are editorially accurate and meet the required quality at all stages, including final files, plotters and advances
- Make sure all titles are produced to house style and fulfil the in-house brief
- Liaise and help to coordinate third party contributors, including packagers, illustrators, authors, licensors and other freelance agents
- Solve and, if required, escalate problems in the correct manner and in good time to allow schedules to be hit
- Stay up to date on current trends and gaps in the market
The ideal candidate has:
- An awareness of formats, age-ranges and subject matters
- An understanding of the editorial process
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise their work and support others
- Copy editing and proofreading skills
- A proactive team-focussed attitude
In return the company offer:
- The chance to be part of a growing, successful business
- The opportunity to fast-track your publishing skills
- A beautiful place to work, with friendly people who all love books, too
This position is for a fixed term contract at the Sywell office in Northamptonshire. The successful applicant will benefit from 28 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays) per annum, excellent benefits and a competitive salary.
The company is committed to building a diverse workforce through positive action. Currently, Black, Asian and Multi-Ethnic employees are under-represented in their workforce and they actively encourage applicants from these groups.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C6371
Full-Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Sywell, Northamptonshire, East Midlands . Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk