Early Years Support Worker / Practitioner who is enthusiastic and passionate about supporting vulnerable children and their families to reach their full potential with a comprehensive understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage is required for a well-established and leading children's charity based in their children’s centres across Salisbury, Wiltshire, South West England.
SALARY: £18,933 - £20,092 pro rata (Actual salary based on part-time hours: £11,513 - £12,218 per annum
LOCATION: Salisbury, Wiltshire, South West England
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, Contract
WORKING HOURS: 22.5 hours per week
Flexible approach to hours due to possible travel and supporting the needs of colleagues and service users. This may include occasional weekend and evening work.
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must hold a Level 3 qualification in the relevant sector and must be a car driver with access to their own vehicle.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Early Years Support Worker / Practitioner who is enthusiastic and passionate about supporting vulnerable children and their families to reach their full potential with a comprehensive understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Working as an Early Years Support Worker / Practitioner you will be actively promoting children centre services across East Wiltshire in partnership with professionals to ensure services are accessible to all.
As an Early Years Support Worker / Practitioner you will be part of a team that develop and deliver a range of services for children and families which promote high quality Early Years learning whilst keeping the child at the centre of everything you do.
Your duties as an Early Years Support Worker / Practitioner will include:
- Work within the context and principles for early years provision which promote child development within the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework
- Promote children's welfare and well-being, ensuring safe practice within all sessions
- Promote equality and inclusion within sessions, supporting children with additional needs and areas for targeted EYFS support
- Enable parents/carers to improve the effectiveness of the parent child relationship through role modelling effective play and the provision of crèche support
- Develop positive relationships with the children and their parents/carers enabling their participating in the play / activity session
- Work within the community to develop and deliver excellent services in partnership with other agencies
- Undertake outreach work within the community as required
- Plan and deliver early years and play activities/sessions with clearly identified outcomes
- NVQ level 3 qualification in Child Care or relevant qualification within the sector
- General education to GCSE standard preferably including Maths and English Language grade C and above
- Evidence of recent and continuing professional development in relation to child development and early years practice
- Experience of working with early years children and their families
- Experience of supervising play sessions
- Experience of working in team environment
- Experience of collating and maintaining monitoring information
- Experience of setting up a room for safe play
- A working knowledge and demonstrable understanding of child protection and safeguarding issues, including Safeguarding and Child Protection policies, procedures and systems
- An understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Awareness of Health & Safety practice in a play environment
- A broad knowledge and understanding of Equal opportunity and diversity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – effective with a range of people
- Ability to use initiative, follow protocols and provide direction
- Excellent IT skills and ability to use Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Publisher and Power Point
The charity is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people they serve. This post is subject to necessary safeguarding checks including an appropriate level DBS Disclosure.
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C8545
Part-Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Salisbury, Wiltshire, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk