3.5 Tonne Driver that has excellent organisational and time-management skills with good knowledge of local road networks is required for a Global Company based in Ilkeston, Derbyshire, East Midlands.
SALARY: £19,000 - £21,000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
WORKING HOURS: Flexibility around working hours – working any 5 from 7 Days
LOCATION: Ilkeston, Derbyshire, East Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
EXTRA DETAILS: Vehicle / Van and Uniform Provided
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a 3.5 Tonne Driver that has excellent organisational and time-management skills with good knowledge of local road networks within the Ilkeston, Derbyshire area.
Working as the 3.5 Tonne Driver you will provide a safe and timely collection, movement, unloading and transportation of clinical / healthcare waste driving a range of vehicles with a maximum mass of 3.5t.
As the 3.5 Tonne Driver, you will be collecting medical waste from a range of smaller, independent customers including GP surgeries, dentists, pharmacists and veterinary practices.
As part of the Transport Team as the 3.5 Tonne Driver, you will work on a designated route, 5 days over 7 and act as a key point of customer contact, you will also be expected to reconcile/complete all associated paperwork and relevant documentation via a hand-held terminal.
As a successful candidate, you will have a great opportunity to join this well-established, Global Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities for the right candidate.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out journey schedules to agreed routes and timings
- Complete digital and manual documentation required by both legislation and organisational procedures in relation to Drivers Hours and WTD
- Comply with all statutory requirements concerning the Road Traffic Act, and other relevant legislation connected to the vehicle, driver’s hours and digital Tachograph records, vehicle weight limits and speed limits
- Comply with all reasonable management requests and operate to a high professional standard reporting any accident or incident and promptly completing all other Company documentation
- Act as customer contact at delivery points of service
- Attend training sessions and staff meetings as required
- Undertake Ad hoc duties as required and display a flexible approach to working times and shift requirements
- Complete vehicle checks prior to use, and to notify any defects to the Operations Team verbally and by recording on appropriate documentation
- Act in a polite and courteous manner to customers and road users at all times
- Work to company standard operating procedures
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
Candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Hold the relevant Class of Licence for driving a 3.5t vehicle
- Driving / collections experience
- The ability to undertake physically demanding work, involving the safe lifting and movement of bagged waste
- Excellent customer service skills and plenty of flexibility around working hours
- Good communicator with both team members and customers
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to manage time and complete multi tasks in line with timescales
- Good knowledge of local road networks
- Self-Motivated, reliable and enthusiastic
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5440
Full-Time, Permanent Driving Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Ilkeston, Derbyshire, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk