3.5 Tonne Driver that has excellent organisational and time-management skills with good knowledge of local road networks is required for a Global Company based in Avonmouth, Bristol, South West England.
SALARY: £19,890 per annum + Benefits
WORKING HOURS: 45 Hours per Week (Monday to Friday, including Bank Holidays where required)
LOCATION: Avonmouth, Bristol, South West England
** ADR Training Provided **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a 3.5 Tonne Driver that has excellent organisational and time-management skills with good knowledge of local road networks within the Avonmouth, Bristol area.
Working as the 3.5 Tonne Driver you will provide a safe and timely movement and transportation of clinical waste driving a range of vehicles from the Company’s fleet.
As part of the Transport Team as the 3.5 Tonne Driver you will provide excellent customer service to customers whilst ensuring all legal compliance issues regarding EU, Working Time Directive (Driving Hours) in conjuncture with the ADR Transport Regulations are fully adhered too.
As a successful candidate, you will have a great opportunity to join this well-established, Global Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities for the right candidate.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the 3.5 Tonne Driver:
- Carry out journey schedules to agreed routes and timings
- Complete digital and manual documentation required by both legislation and organisational procedures in relation to Drivers Hours and WTD
- Hold a relevant Class of licence, ideally with ADR packages minimum 6.1/6.2 class qualification (ADR Training Provided)
- Comply with all statutory requirements concerning the Road Traffic Act, and other relevant legislation connected to the vehicle, driver’s hours and digital Tachograph records, vehicle weight limits and speed limits
- Comply with all reasonable management requests and operate to a high professional standard reporting any accident or incident and promptly completing all other Company documentation
- Act as customer contact at delivery points of service
- Attend training sessions and staff meetings as required
- Undertake Ad hoc duties as required and display a flexible approach to working times and shift requirements
- Complete vehicle checks prior to use, and to notify any defects to the Operations Team verbally and by recording on appropriate documentation
- Comply with all relevant ADR/Hazardous goods legislation requirements
- Act in a polite and courteous manner to customers and road users at all times
- Work to company standard operating procedures
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
Candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Hold the relevant Class of Licence for driving a 3.5t vehicle
- Good communicator with both team members and customers
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to manage time and complete multi tasks in line with timescales
- Good knowledge of local road networks
- Self-Motivated, reliable and enthusiastic
- Manual handling experience
- Ideally you will hold a valid ADR card which covers classes 6.1/6.2 as a minimum - Although training will be provided for the right candidate
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4194
Full-Time, Permanent Driving Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find work in Avonmouth, Bristol, South West England. Recruitment services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk