Fundraising and Public Relations Development Manager, known within the school as a Development and Relations lead, who has exceptional relationship building skills, is client focused and confident to work with a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally is required for a well-established school based in Halifax, West Yorkshire.
SALARY: £34,373 per annum
LOCATION: Halifax, West Yorkshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, 12 Month Contract (with potential to extend)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Fundraising and Public Relations Development Manager who has exceptional relationship building skills, is client focused and confident to work with a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally.
Working as a Fundraising and Public Relations Development Manager you will establish an effective development and fundraising strategy, including a programme of gradually extending stewardship, to substantially increase the school’s profile and fundraising ability, enabling the school to develop closer relationships with alumni, the local community and potential sponsors or donors.
As a Fundraising Development and PR Lead you will be designing and driving an ambitious strategy for philanthropic fundraising and alumni engagement, which will help to realise the school’s vision and future development.
Your role as a Fundraising and Public Relations Development Manager will include:
- In conjunction with the Head teacher and Finance and Business Director, prepare a strategic development and fund-raising plan to outline long-term vision and short/mid-term priorities
- Lead the school’s work to generate additional income from statutory and non-statutory sources to enable pupils to receive a rich all-rounded education which goes beyond the core curriculum
- Ensure fundraising achieves its strategic objectives and specific income targets
- Lead the school’s fundraising strategy including committed, regular giving
- Develop and steward relationships with current and former parents who may wish to support the curriculum by volunteering time or expertise, and/or support fundraising campaigns
- Work closely with associated fund-raising groups already associated with the school
- Write grant applications to charitable trusts/foundations or statutory bodies, ensuring all criteria are met
- Develop a legacy marketing approach to achieve increasing income from legacies
- Make written applications to corporate sponsors/donors as appropriate
- Explore the potential for generating income from the school site
- Determine the likely return on investment for different opportunities and prioritise proposed fundraising activities accordingly
- Ensure donors/sponsors are happy with their donation scheme and are kept informed of progress and milestones
- Develop and plan events to cultivate alumni relationships
- Create and distribute an annual alumni publication incorporating news and features and any information connected with current fundraising projects
- Oversee the use of social media to build and steward alumni connections
- Be the primary point of contact between the alumni contacts and the school
- Research a wide range of potential fundraising opportunities
- To plan and manage marketing efforts such as direct mail campaigns
- Effectively manage multiple funding deadlines to ensure no key opportunities are missed
- Prepare a report for each term’s full governing body meeting
- You will have the capability to work strategically, to secure income from various sources, particularly by generating alumni network and from successful grant applications in the first instance
- A confident, engaging and enthusiastic fundraiser, motivated by seeing the impact of what philanthropy can achieve
- A background in philanthropic fundraising, development or marketing would be ideal, but applications from outstanding people with transferable skills, expertise and attributes will also be considered
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- Confident to work with a wide range of stakeholders
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C8613
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Halifax, West Yorkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk