Deputy Store Manager / Assistant Retail Shop Supervisor with great people skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, self-motivation and previous experience within the retail sector is required for a Charity based in Sherborne, Dorset, South West England.
SALARY: £10,770 per annum - based on a full-time salary of £17,710 per annum
LOCATION: Sherborne, Dorset, South West England
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, Permanent
HOURS: 22.5 hours per week
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Deputy Store Manager / Assistant Retail Shop Supervisor with great people skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, self-motivation and previous experience within the retail sector.
As the Deputy Store Manager / Assistant Retail Shop Supervisor you will join a team where you can make a difference, by raising significant income used to care and support patients facing a life-limiting illness and their families.
Working as the Deputy Store Manager / Assistant Retail Shop Supervisor you will be customer and people focussed and will assist and support the shop manager, area manager, retail team and aims of the Charity.
You will help create a productive and fun working atmosphere, delivering consistent and strong results and building strong community relationships in order to maximise donations and sales.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Deputy Store Manager / Assistant Retail Shop Supervisor will include:
- Deputise for the shop manager, working additional days full-time as required to cover for the manager’s annual leave absence, and also other days to cover sickness, meetings and training as required
- Maintain the highest possible standards of customer service at all times
- Maintain a high standard of merchandising throughout the shop
- Ensure that accounting records are properly maintained, that till procedures are followed at all times, and that takings are banked
- Assist in managing and motivating the team of shop volunteers
- Assist in organising staff and volunteer rotas in order to ensure that the shop is adequately staffed at all times
- Use the computer effectively in order to process Gift Aid
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required by the operations manager, including two full weeks’ initial training and induction
- Ensure that sales assistants and shop volunteers receive such training as is necessary for them to carry out their duties
- Assist in ensuring that the shop complies with all relevant legal and policy requirements, including trading standards, health and safety, hygiene and COSHH
- GCSE Grade 3 or above in Maths and English
- Previous experience in a retail environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior personnel, staff, volunteers and customers, some of whom may be service users or related to service users
- Demonstrable highly developed interpersonal skills (tact and diplomacy)
- Ability to prioritise to meet conflicting demands
- Demonstrable time management skills
- Knowledge of the law relating to trading standards, health & safety and COSHH
- Ability to find pragmatic solutions to problems as they arise
- Previous experience in a Retail Supervisory or Management role is desirable
The Charity offers a rewarding role in a stimulating and positive working environment, with active support for training and opportunities to develop new skills, while knowing that you are helping to make each day count for individuals and families in the community. Benefits include:
- Auto enrolment for eligible staff in Workplace pension scheme
- Initial 28 days annual leave (including bank holiday) increasing dependant on length of service
- Eligibility for NHS discounts – Blue Light Card etc
- Confidential and free 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family offering:
- Legal, Financial and Medical Information and Advice
- A Vitality & Wellbeing health portal
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6321
Part-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Sherborne, Dorset, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk