Deputy Facilities Manager / Assistant Building and Estates Manager who has previous experience managing grounds and property maintenance teams with good staff management and leadership skills and experience managing external contractors is required for a well-established Academy based in Peckham, South East London.
SALARY: Circa £26,500 pro rata (depending on experience)
LOCATION: Peckham, South East London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, 6 month fixed term Contract (with possibility of extension)
HOURS: 40 hours per week, normally 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday – additional hours may be required, including some evenings and weekends
PLEASE NOTE: This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS check
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Deputy Facilities Manager / Assistant Building and Estates Manager who has previous experience managing grounds and property maintenance teams with good staff management and leadership skills and experience managing external contractors,
As the Deputy Facilities Manager / Assistant Building and Estates Manager you will report to the Facilities Manager and will primarily be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of all areas of the Academy, including buildings, grounds, equipment and environmental services, helping to ensure that the Academy achieves its health and safety and cost control targets in these areas.
The Deputy Facilities Manager / Assistant Building and Estates Manager will also have responsibility for supervising contractors, and for ensuring that all areas of the site are clean, safe, warm, welcoming and fit for purpose at all times.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the Deputy Facilities Manager / Assistant Building and Estates Manager will include:
Maintenance of Buildings, Grounds and Equipment
- Oversee and carry out maintenance of all buildings and equipment:
- Repair and maintenance of walls, doors, ceilings, hardware, fixtures etc.
- Installation and repair of basic plumbing throughout the Academy, in particular toilets, shower rooms etc.
- Installation, repair and maintenance of electrical equipment but not including electrical installation work unless suitably qualified
- Replacement and repair of routine consumables, e.g. light bulbs, clock batteries, door handles and locks
- Ensure the upkeep and maintenance of the grounds
- Be responsible at all times for effects of adverse weather conditions, e.g. salting paths, clearing snow
- Prepare reports on maintenance issues, including costing and budgeting
- Keep work areas tidy and safe
- Ensure that all studios are clean, well-equipped and fit-for-purpose
- Assist in lifting and moving furniture, setting up rooms as required
Health and Safety
- Ensure that the highest level of care is taken for health and safety and that health and safety regulations are adhered to
- Ensure that all work on the premises is carried out safely
- Maintain a register with an up-to-date record of all health and safety risk assessments
- Maintain a log of all health and safety issues, e.g. servicing of fire extinguishers, fire exits, inspection of gas boilers, asbestos inspection, PAT testing, legionella assessments
Service Management and Supervision of Contractors
- Supervise and manage any maintenance contacts as directed by the Facilities Manager
- Act as the main point of contact for external suppliers/contractors
- Relevant professional qualifications, e.g. maintenance, building services, plumbing, electrical
- Health and Safety qualifications, e.g. IOSH Managing Safely Certificate, BSC Level 1 or 2 Certificate or similar
- Full clean driving licence
- Proven, evidenced experience in a similar role
- Sound knowledge and understanding of key compliance issues including Health and Safety legislation
- Experience of managing part-time staff and shift workers
- Experience of contractor procurement, management and supervision
- Experience of managing budgets for buildings, equipment and environmental services including external contractors
- Ability to undertake a basic level of hands-on maintenance work
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to deal with a range of people including students, staff and contractors
- Ability to motivate individuals and teams to achieve targets
- Ability to organise workload to make effective use of time and resources
- Ability to think, analyse and problem solve
The Academy is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunities employer. They actively encourage applicants from under-represented backgrounds and value the positive impact that difference has on their institution.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C6097
Full-Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Peckham, South East London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk