Deputy Care Home Manager who has good team leadership and management skills with the ability to ensure the smooth running of the home is required for a well-established Residential Home in Windsor, Berkshire.
SALARY: £28,600 per annum
LOCATION: Windsor, Berkshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 8am – 4pm, Monday to Friday
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Deputy Care Home Manager who has good team leadership and management skills with the ability to ensure the smooth running of the home.
Working as the Deputy Care Home Manager you will ensure the home is run efficiently, safely and adhering to the organisation’s policies and procedures and CQC compliancy.
As the Deputy Care Home Manager, you will also support the Home Manager with day-to-day operations and take full responsibility for the management of the Home in the absence of the Manager.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Deputy Care Home Manager:
- Manage staff and any issues arising on a day to day basis
- Undertake supervision and appraisal meetings
- Deal with reports and document any complaints, mishaps or untoward incidents, including accidents
- Take responsibility for any fees/monies received whilst on duty
- Provide information to potential residents or agencies requiring information about admissions
- Promote the good reputation including the integration of the Home into the surrounding community
- Complete all documentation as required
- Ensure at all times that the highest possible standard of care to the residents is maintained and a good rapport is developed with the relatives and friends
- Ensure that close liaison is kept with GP’s, hospitals, social services and agencies from whom may have referrals, so that a high level of bed occupancy is kept
- Supervision of staff regarding training and assessment
- Develop knowledge and understanding of medication, medical and other supplies
- Deal competently with emergency situation that may occur whilst on duty
- Practice and promote a positive attitude toward the ageing and the aged including promotion of individuality, freedom of choice and the importance of privacy and dignity for all residents
- Form positive working relationships and to liaise effectively with all groups and people involved in the welfare of residents
- Assess the needs of each resident, plan, implement and evaluate care on an individual basis
- Practice excellent standards of care, acting as a role model in providing complete care, taking into consideration the psychological, physical and environmental needs of each resident
- Take into account the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of residents, when planning care
- Promote independence of residents as far as it is possible but to give assistance as required
- Provide support to residents, relatives and staff by being approachable, listening, talking and encouraging expression of emotion
- Give health education advice to residents, including relatives as necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working with this client group
- Experience of leading a team
- Previous management skills (Desirable)
- Working towards Level 5 Diploma (Desirable)
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5409
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Windsor, Berkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk