Warehouse & Distribution Depot Supervisor who has previous team leadership, supervisory, staff management experience within a warehouse / distribution depot is required for a site based in Kelso, Scotland.
The role will immediately take responsibility for exiting the current Kelso site and you’ll be integral in the set-up of the new site in Kelso.
The Company works hard to attract and retain the very best people. They know that their Company is a brilliant place to work which they recognise in their employees with a broad benefits package.
SALARY: Competitive Salary plus Benefits (33 Days Annual Leave including Bank Holidays, Role-Based Incentive Scheme, Private Healthcare, Pension Scheme)
LOCATION: Kelso, Scotland
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
KEY REQUIREMENT: Candidates MUST have proven people management and leadership skills of a large team
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Warehouse & Distribution Depot Supervisor who has previous team leadership, supervisory, staff management experience within a warehouse / distribution depot.
There are exciting times ahead. The Company is moving to a new site in Kelso. Working as the Warehouse & Distribution Depot Supervisor you will be responsible for exiting the existing site in Kelso and play a pivotal role in the set-up of the new site in Kelso.
As the Warehouse & Distribution Depot Supervisor your role will be critical in ensuring the Company’s processes and procedures are maintained within the site, ensuring compliance and best practice are implemented whilst giving an outstanding service to customers and suppliers.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is a leading supplier of agronomy advice, seed, crop protection products and precision farming services. Working in partnership with arable, fruit, vegetable, horticultural and amenity sectors, the Company is committed to helping customers manage their businesses more efficiently and more profitably. They are dedicated to the company purpose - releasing agronomic potential.
With roots originating more than 60 years ago, the Company offers a unique blend of local experience, research-based expertise, customer-based knowledge and trusted relationships; practicing values of honesty, integrity and fairness across all aspects of the business.
The Company also embraces care for the wider environment, with an understanding of the important role now played by all those who manage the land, through a range of dedicated initiatives.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible, with a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role and your salary expectations, for our Recruitment Team to review. Ideally you should include this information with your CV in one document.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Warehouse & Distribution Depot Supervisor:
- Controlling stock investment and availability
- Working in line with company procedures to provide a great level of service for customers
- Ensure supplies are distributed promptly and efficiently within the requirements of Finance, BASIS, poison regulations etc
- Ensure the security of company cash, stock and property
- Maintenance of internal and external standards for compliance including but not limited to BASIS, Water and Fire Regulations, Health and Safety Executive, and Ministry of Transport inspections, Working Time Regulations
- Undertake duties of the safety officer in respect of employee and public in the depot area
- Responsible for the employee lifecycle for all depot members; Recruitment, induction, training, performance, check ins, appraisals, and any employee issues which may arise, using a coaching and mentoring style
- Responsible for ensuring all compliance and safety measures are in place for contractors on site
- Organise and manage the work of all depot employees, with the support of the Depot Assistant
- Responsible for the communication channels within the depot
- Build strong and long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders across internal and external businesses
- Maintenance of all company property and premises and ensure high standard of housekeeping within the depot
- Must have a hands-on attitude and be able to work in any area of the depot when required
This role will be based in Kelso, but there will be a requirement to travel to attend training/meetings when they take place or work at other depot’s as the business requires.
- It is essential that the successful candidate must have proven people management and leadership skills of a large team, being able to work proactively alone as well as with the wider business
- Previous agri-chemicals knowledge is desirable
- Ideally, you will have a thorough understanding of Agricultural supply chain practices and ways of working along with outstanding knowledge of the Company’s product range, although training will be provided to the right candidate
- In addition, a resilient attitude, great communication skills, a high attention to detail whilst working under pressure and a ‘can-do’ approach are required
- A flexible approach to your working pattern and hours will be essential to meet the seasonality of our business
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5669
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Kelso, Scotland. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk