Depot Assistant with excellent customer services, time management, administrative and organisational skills and the ability to work on their own initiative with previous warehouse experience is required for a busy Depot based in Halesworth, Suffolk.
Although there will be some elements of warehouse work and maybe some driving on occasion, you will predominately be based in the office and will need excellent computer skills with great customer service and administrative skills.
SALARY: Competitive (Dependent upon Experience) + Benefits (33 Days Annual Leave including Bank Holidays, Incentive Schemes, Private Healthcare and Pension Scheme
LOCATION: Halesworth, Suffolk
TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent / Annualised Hours
KEY REQUIREMENT: Candidates must hold a valid Driving Licence.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a split role between administrative duties and warehouse duties.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Depot Assistant with excellent customer services, time management, administrative and organisational skills and the ability to work on their own initiative with previous warehouse experience,
Working as the Depot Assistant you will report directly to the Depot Supervisor and will support and assist them with running the depot and maintain best practice in all areas. Your time will be split between warehouse duties, such as picking, packing, loading vehicles, unloading deliveries and stock reconciliation and administrative tasks, such as processing documentation, responding to enquiries and general office administrative duties.
As the Depot Assistant you will have excellent time management skills with the ability to deal with telephone, email and direct customer enquiries in a timely manner.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is a leading supplier of agronomy advice, seed, crop protection products and precision farming services. Working in partnership with arable, fruit, vegetable, horticultural and amenity sectors, the Company is committed to helping customers manage their businesses more efficiently and more profitably. They are dedicated to the company purpose - releasing agronomic potential.
With roots originating more than 60 years ago, the Company offers a unique blend of local experience, research-based expertise, customer-based knowledge and trusted relationships; practicing values of honesty, integrity and fairness across all aspects of the business.
The Company also embraces care for the wider environment, with an understanding of the important role now played by all those who manage the land, through a range of dedicated initiatives.
If this sounds like your ideal job, please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
As the Depot Assistant your duties will include:
- Supporting the Depot Supervisor to ensure high professional standards of distribution and safe operating procedures are met
- Working in line with company procedures to provide a great level of service for customers
- Ensuring the security of company cash, stock and property
- Working to internal and external standards of compliance including but not limited to BASIS, Water and Fire Regulations, Health and Safety Executive, and Ministry of Transport inspections, Working Time Regulations
- Supporting the Depot Supervisor with organising workload and communications to ensure everyone is working to the highest standard
- You will also be responsible for ensuring effective communication is taking place locally and from the wider business
- Building strong and long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders across internal and external businesses
- Supporting the Depot Supervisor to ensure a high standard of housekeeping is maintained within the depot
- Must have a hands-on attitude and be able to work in any area of the depot when required
- In the absence of the Depot Supervisor you will be required to step up to maintain the smooth operation of the depot
On occasion there may be a requirement to travel to different locations to attend training or meetings or support other depots
- It is essential that the successful candidate must have proven office and warehouse experience
- Ideally you will have a knowledge of product storage solutions and agrochemical experience, as well as being able to use computer systems effectively
- In addition, great communication skills, a high attention to detail whilst working under pressure and a ‘can-do’ approach are required
- Although this role is primarily office based, heavy lifting will potentially be required as part of this role
This role will be on an annualised hours contract and therefore a flexible approach to your working pattern and hours will be essential to meet the seasonality of our business.
Training will be provided as necessary to the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5831
Full-Time, Permanent Vacancies and Careers. Find a New Job and Work in Halesworth, Suffolk. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk