Depot Assistant / Delivery Driver who has excellent customer services, time management, administrative and some people management skills with previous experience working within a busy depot / warehouse is required for a well-established Company based in Dundee, Scotland.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits (33 Days Annual Leave including Bank Holidays, Incentive Schemes, Private Healthcare and Pension Scheme)
LOCATION: Dundee, Scotland
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Temporary to Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Depot Assistant / Delivery Driver who has excellent customer services, time management, administrative and some people management skills with previous experience working within a busy depot / warehouse.
The business work hard to attract and retaining the very best people. They know that the Company is a brilliant place to work which they recognise their employees with a broad benefits package.
Working as the Depot Assistant / Delivery Driver you will report directly into the Depot Supervisor and will support and assist them, with the running of the depot and maintain best practice in all areas.
This Depot Assistant / Delivery Driver, you will support the Depot Supervisor and the team to ensure the business meets the high professional standards of distribution and customer service, with safe operating procedures, as well as providing an efficient warehousing and administrative service customers both internal and external.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Depot Assistant / Delivery Driver will include the following:
- Be capable of controlling stock investment and availability
- Deliver goods promptly and cost effectively ensuring accuracy of each delivery against delivery advice note
- Load, drive and unload the vehicle within the regulations laid down by BASIS, statute and the Company
- Ensure accurate and timely vehicle records as required by legislation
- Maintain the vehicle in a clean and safe condition, reporting any defects found daily. Create an efficient and courteous image for the Company and its services
- Working in line with company procedures to provide a great level of service for customers
- Ensure supplies are distributed promptly and efficiently within the requirements of Finance, BASIS, poison regulations etc
- Ensure the security of company cash, stock and property
- Maintenance of internal and external standards for compliance including but not limited to BASIS, Water and Fire Regulations, Health and Safety Executive, and Ministry of Transport inspections, Working Time Regulations
- Support the Depot Supervisor with organising workload and training the team with appropriate interventions to ensure everyone is working to the highest standard
- You will also be responsible for ensuring effective communication is taking place locally and from the wider business
- Build strong and long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders across our internal and external businesses
- Support the Depot Supervisor with the maintenance of all company property and premises and ensure high standard of housekeeping within the depot
- Must have a hands-on attitude and be able to work in any area of the depot when required
- In the absence of the Depot Supervisor you will be required to step up to run the depot
On occasion there may be a requirement to travel to different locations to attend training or meetings or support other depots.
- It is essential that the successful candidate must have some proven people management experience
- Ideally you will have a knowledge of product storage solutions and agrochemical experience, as well as being able to use computer systems effectively
- An ADR Licence and counter-balance licence would be a distinct advantage
- In addition, great communication skills, a high attention to detail whilst working under pressure and a ‘can-do’ approach are required
- This role will be on an annualised hours contract and therefore a flexible approach to your working pattern and hours will be essential to meet the seasonality of our business
- Training will be provided as necessary to the successful candidate
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-T5725
Temp to Perm Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Dundee, Scotland. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk