Delivery Driver / Warehouse Operative / Picker Packer with a clean drivers’ license, good customer service skills and attention to detail is required for a busy Depot with a successful and fast growing national Logistics Company based in Guildford, Surrey.
SALARY: £19,750 per annum + Benefits
** Excellent Career Development Opportunities **
** Must have a Full Clean Driving License **
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must have a clean drivers’ license, an even temperament, great customer service skills and IT literacy in order to easily understand and work with the database management system. You will need to work with a high level of accuracy and have an excellent grasp of numeracy, written and verbal communications.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity in a dual role for a Delivery Driver / Warehouse Operative / Picker Packer with a clean drivers’ license, good customer service skills and attention to detail.
Working as the Delivery Driver / Warehouse Operative / Picker Packer you will be working in depot / stock fulfilment in the mornings and driving to customers to collect their goods in the afternoons.
As the Delivery Driver / Warehouse Operative / Picker Packer you will plan your collection route for the afternoons, visit customers, collect parcels and return with the packages to the Guildford Depot, delivering some of the packages directly to the overnight carriers.
As the Delivery Driver / Warehouse Operative / Picker Packer you will spend your mornings in a team of 4 individually and collectively picking, packing and using the database order system and handheld scanners to complete the daily planned activity.
As a successful candidate you will have a great opportunity to join a well-established and fast growing Logistics Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities for the right candidate.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
- Review requested collections, plan the route, visit customers, collect parcels, deliver to the Depot and Carrier Depots
- Undertake the days’ activity with your team and team leader
- Use the database system to review orders, pick, pack, scan and prepare orders for despatch
- Receive goods and locate in the Depot
- Quality check the picks and the inventory
- Working with the fulfilment team for efficient stock/inventory control
- Housekeeping to ensure a tidy working space
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- An aptitude to learn and ability to deliver to targets
- An interest in the logistic industry
- Knowledge of database inventory management systems is desirable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Professional and organised
- Good communication skills
- Keen to train and develop
- Full Clean Driving License is essential
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Guildford, Surrey
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk