Class 2 / Cat C Delivery Driver and Seed Mobile Assistant who has excellent customer service skills, the ability to work under pressure and a ‘can-do’ approach is required for a Depot based in Spaldwick, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.
This is a dual-purpose role working flexibly across 2 teams as a Delivery Driver for the Distribution Team and as a Seed Assistant for the Seed Mobile Unit.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits
LOCATION: Spaldwick, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Annualised Hours – a flexible approach to your working pattern and hours will be essential to meet the seasonality of the business including some weekend and bank holiday working
PLEASE NOTE: You will need a full valid Class 2 / Category C driving licence, ADR qualification and must also hold a driver CPC Card, with experience in operating digital tachographs and basic knowledge of EU and domestic drivers’ working hours rules.
A forklift truck licence and PA1 & PA11 training would also be desirable but is not essential.
We have an excellent new job opportunity for a Class 2 / Cat C Delivery Driver and Seed Mobile Assistant who has excellent customer service skills, the ability to work under pressure and a ‘can-do’ approach.
Working as a Class 2 / Cat C Delivery Driver and Seed Mobile Assistant you will be responsible for the safe delivery of the correct goods to the correct delivery point, using the most efficient route. You will also assist in the efficient and safe running of the mobile seed processing section of the business.
As the Class 2 / Cat C Delivery Driver and Seed Mobile Assistant you will drive a support vehicle accompanying a seed lorry to customer locations with seed treatment and other equipment necessary to complete the required work.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of an agricultural business and will have flexibility around working hours. You will be passionate about customer service and happy to deal with customer queries face to face.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company is a leading supplier of agronomy advice, seed, crop protection products and precision farming services. Working in partnership with arable, fruit, vegetable, horticultural and amenity sectors, the Company is committed to helping customers manage their businesses more efficiently and more profitably. They are dedicated to the company purpose - releasing agronomic potential.
With roots originating more than 60 years ago, the Company offers a unique blend of local experience, research-based expertise, customer-based knowledge and trusted relationships; practicing values of honesty, integrity and fairness across all aspects of the business.
The Company also embraces care for the wider environment, with an understanding of the important role now played by all those who manage the land, through a range of dedicated initiatives.
If this sounds like your ideal job, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Class 2 / Cat C Delivery Driver and Seed Mobile Assistant will include:
- Load, drive and unload the vehicles following regulations
- Maintain accurate vehicle records and tachograph records
- Maintain stock records and liaise with the Depot Supervisor for all stock requirements
- Operate all machinery safely, including but not limited to forklift trucks, processing plant etc., keeping them in a clean and safe condition
- Safe transportation and storage of any produce to prevent any form of contamination
- Adhere to company service standards, procedures and ways of working
- Use IT systems to aid with route planning, personal safety and professional and effective delivery system
- Deliver goods promptly and cost effectively, utilising a handheld EPOD device to record each delivery
- Ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures are fully adhere to
- Build strong and long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders across the internal and external business
- Class 2 / Cat C Driving Licence
- Experience of Digital Tachographs
- Hands-on attitude and able to work flexibly across two departments throughout the year, sometimes at short notice
- Knowledge of an agricultural business
- Confident to use computer systems effectively
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- A ‘can-do’ attitude when working under pressure
- Forklift truck licence would be desirable
- PA1 & PA11 trained is desirable but not essential
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6195
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Spaldwick, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk