Data Protection Officer / Consultant with previous experience in a regulatory, compliance and/or data protection role is required for a well-established compliance organisation based in London.
SALARY: £30,000 - £34,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
PLEASE NOTE: This role will involve some travel, conducting visits around the country as and when required
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Data Protection Officer / Consultant with previous experience in a regulatory, compliance and/or a data protection role is required for a well-established compliance organisation based in London.
Working as a Data Protection Officer / Consultant you will audit organisations to ensure they meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations and work with them to ensure they meet compliance by recommending procedures and processes they should implement.
As a Data Protection Officer / Consultant you will provide expert solutions to complex data protection issues and queries in a practical and compliant way, identifying and drafting policies and processes to help improve a client’s data system.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your role as Data Protection Officer / Consultant will include:
- Conduct data compliance audits in order to assess and measure compliance levels with data protection laws
- Analyse findings from audits conducted
- Drafting audit reports detailing organisational level of compliance as well as making recommendations to meet compliance
- Reviewing policies and procedures and systems used to determine data protection compliance and providing recommendations on how these can be improved
- Dealing with phone or email queries received with regard to data protection, freedom of information and confidentiality, providing best practice advice and guidance on how to comply
- Where required, conducting research and providing practical guidance and recommendations on risks concerning data protection
- Drafting and reviewing Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Reporting and advising on data breaches including how to manage and contain them
- Giving guidance on best practice data retention in the workplace
- Checking-in with clients regularly to determine how they are working towards compliance
- Carrying out training to staff (when required) to ensure staff are aware of their responsibilities
- Assisting clients to handle any data requests they receive, helping them manage to deal with them in accordance with statutory requirements
- Identifying and drafting policies and processes to help improve a client’s data system
- Helping to ensure data records are up to date and accurate
- Reporting to management on data protection compliance progress
- Previous experience in regulatory/compliance and/or data protection
- Good working knowledge of GDPR
- Experience and knowledge of data retention in the workplace and providing practical advice to stakeholders
- Hard-working and fine attention to detail
- Excellent communication, Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Strong experience of using IT, particularly in using Microsoft office and 365
- Experience in the education sector
- Experience in providing data protection and GDPR training
- Experience in drafting and reviewing Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Experience of handling, recording and reporting data breaches in the workplace
- Solid experience of data compliance and research
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6836
Full-Time. Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk