Data Entry Clerk / Clinical Coding Input Assistant with a basic understanding of clinical coding, previous experience in a data input role, excellent attention to detail and the ability to learn new ICT systems is required for a well-established company based in central Bolton, Greater Manchester, North West England.
SALARY: £17,423 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
BENEFITS: up to 5% Annual Personal Performance Related Bonus, Annual Company Performance Related Bonus, Annual Pay Reviews and Increases, Company Pension Scheme, 20 Days Annual Leave plus 8 Bank Holidays, Continuous Training and Development)
LOCATION: Bolton, Greater Manchester, North West England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Data Entry Clerk / Clinical Coding Input Assistant with a basic understanding of clinical coding, previous experience in a data input role, excellent attention to detail and the ability to learn new ICT systems.
As the Data Entry Clerk / Clinical Coding Input Assistant you will be responsible for extracting relevant clinical information from patient records and translating it into nationally used codes, so that the organisation’s activity can be financed within the NHS.
Working as the Data Entry Clerk / Clinical Coding Input Assistant you will record consistent, accurate data to facilitate managers and clinicians in the monitoring, planning and provision of high quality patient care.
- The company is privileged to be able to support the tens of thousands of NHS patients that come to them each year
- They are proud to deliver excellent care and support thousands of patients to achieve better vision – their outcomes are some of the best in the UK
- In 2018 they became the largest provider of NHS cataract surgery – 24,000+ surgeries per annum.
- The company want their staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in
- They’re proud to have been awarded gold status from Investors in People (IIP), putting the company in the top 3% for world-class performance achieved through its staff focus
- They have 27 hospitals and will be opening new hospitals over the next 12 months
Your duties and responsibilities as the Data Entry Clerk / Clinical Coding Input Assistant will include:
- Extract all clinical information from the patient health record, and to translate all medical terminology using ICD-10 (diagnostic codes) and OPCS4 (procedure codes) in accordance with national and local policy
- Ensure that all inpatient and outpatient appointments are coded within agreed timescales
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of the clinical record, which underpins the financial framework and SUS submissions
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of medical terminology, anatomy & physiology
- Communicate effectively with clinical and non-clinical colleagues as required
- Use the relevant coding standard for all private patient coding
- Validate and confirm the accuracy of all patient outcome data, and retrospectively complete any missing data using clinical informatio
- Resolve all queries into the clinical coding and informatics team
- Provide training support to new starters and colleagues
- Develop an understanding of the HRG structure within the NHS
- Develop an understanding of the RTT pathway and ability to identify incorrect clocks
- Any other relevant tasks to support the clinical coding and informatics team
- Previous experience in a data entry role
- Basic understanding of clinical coding
- Ability to manage own workload
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to learn new ICT systems
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6531
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Bolton, Greater Manchester, North West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk