Business Intelligence Data Analyst / Data Modelling Engineer who has a solid background in Business Intelligence with both an understanding of concepts and the delivery of multiple projects is required for a FTSE250 Company based in York, Yorkshire.
SALARY: £38,000 - £50,000 per annum + Benefits
LOCATION: York, Yorkshire
The company anticipate the successful candidate for this role will be in the office around 3 days every 2 weeks
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 35 Hours per Week, Monday to Friday
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Business Intelligence Data Analyst / Data Modelling Engineer who has a solid background in Business Intelligence with both an understanding of concepts and the delivery of multiple projects.
Working as the Business Intelligence Data Analyst / Data Modelling Engineer you will join a team focused on building a strong data culture across the Group’s function and directly informing and shaping the Data Management activities.
The company’s vision is to enable profitable decisions driven by trusted data and market leading analytics.
As a Business Intelligence Data Analyst / Data Modelling Engineer you will have a strong attention to detail and enjoy the application of rules and logic and use of new tools and technologies.
This role will have an immediate impact to the way data is identified, governed, transformed, trusted and consumed by the Group.
As a successful candidate you will work alongside the wider Data Management Team to deliver on the Data Strategy and wider Transformation Programme in an agile and responsive manner.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Business Intelligence Data Analyst / Data Modelling Engineer include:
- Work across a diverse group of data consumers across the Group to identify and capture data requirements, associated ownership, definitions, transformations and controls using standard terms.
- Design and develop ETL processes and data structures (predominantly in SSIS / SQL Server but any Azure Databricks or Altryx experience would be desirable) for the data warehouse following best practice procedures (e.g. Auditing, delta load, insert else update logic, Error logging)
- Gather and translate business requirements, convert into technical specification and implement solution design
- Perform data modelling based on the business/reporting requirements
- Create and maintain ETL process related documents (e.g. data lineage, data flow, mapping)
- Own, maintain and follow development and design principles as well as best practice (e.g. unit testing, performance tuning, table naming conventions)
- Manage and deliver ad-hoc data/reporting requests from end-user requests and troubleshoot data issues
- A solid background in Business Intelligence with both an understanding of the concepts and the delivery of multiple projects
- SQL data tools and SSIS experience
- Cloud experience; we use / have migrated to Azure.
- Would be great if you have Databricks experience or similar
- ETL conceptual and delivery knowledge
- Experience of Data Modelling
- Experience with BI Data Presentation tools, such as Tableau
- Ability to elicit and record data requirements, definitions, business rules and data quality rules for data assets
- Comfortable with manipulating and analysing large datasets including data cleansing to provide insight to the business and troubleshooting ETL issues
- Ability to understand and consolidate disparate information sources into summary metrics and report on them
- Ability to create and maintain dashboards/KPIs and operate the processes that feed data into them. (Tableau/Power BI experience desirable)
- Graduate, ideally with a Computer Science degree
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7130
Full-Time, IT Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in York, Yorkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk