Customer Service Operations Support Manager who has experience managing a team in an administration or service support function with excellent leadership, organisational and time-management skills is required by Guide Dogs.
SALARY: starting salary £37,464 per annum
BENEFITS: 26 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays. We offer a generous pension scheme, life assurance and enhanced pay for parenting and sickness leave. In addition, we provide an Employee Assistance Programme, flexible benefits package and discounts and cashback scheme to care for our people.
LOCATION: As this role will be supporting Scotland & Northern Ireland this role can be based at either the Edinburgh, Forfar, Hamilton, or Belfast offices
JOB TYPE: 12 Month Fixed Term, Full-Time Contract
WORKING HOURS: 9am – 5pm, 35 hours per week. As a charity, we’re always keen to support flexible working as best we can.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Service Operations Support Manager who has experience managing a team in an administration or service support function with excellent leadership, organisational and time-management skills.
The Service Operations Support Manager covering Scotland and Northern Ireland will ensure that the technical staff, volunteers, and service users are supported through the regional hub in Forfar and community teams in Belfast, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
As the Service Operations Support Manager you will be someone who is both service-minded and process-focused; you will need to ensure the day-to-day support is as good as it can be by driving continuous improvement through introduction or changes to processes, systems and ways of working in addition to the development of skills within your team. You should have excellent communication skills and an ability to bring teams together for collaborative working.
As this role will be supporting Scotland & Northern Ireland this role can be based at either the Edinburgh, Forfar, Hamilton, or Belfast offices.
As a successful candidate, you will have an exciting opportunity to work in a growing and fulfilling environment where your efforts will be greatly appreciated.
Your duties as the Service Operations Support Manager will include:
- Capable of resolving escalated issues or problems arising in the day-to-day operation of teams and will seek to coordinate with peers and other departments to devise ways for streamlining processes
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect or rely upon effective support services including the regional budget, staff deployment and any significant policy or process changes
- Working as part of the regional management team with responsibility for ensuring optimum standard practices are routinely reviewed and maintained across matters of:
- Customer and visitor experience with the organisation
- Support Regional Head of Operations with monitoring of KPIs for Region and with projects as requested to support the strategy
- Office administrative procedures and systems including business continuity planning, risk assessments, health & safety and system mapping
- Operations support staff performance
- Compliance across aspects including GDPR, and HR procedure
- Good housekeeping on general office conditions
- Supports the Regional Head of Operations and management team with research, service output monitoring and operational projects as required
- Directs, evaluates and line manages staff members to ensure that regional services are supported to operate in a smooth, efficient manner
- Analyses and reviews working practices while seeking customer feedback to devise ways for streamlining and improving processes
- Continually monitors relevant reports and support data and uses this information to solve potential problems or strengthen performance
- Monitors costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation
- Keep abreast with all organisational changes and business developments
WORKING AT GUIDE DOGS
Working at Guide Dogs is much more than just a job. Through the values that guide our work, we make a real difference, and change lives.
We believe that wellbeing at work is about creating an environment to promote a state of contentment which allows all employees to flourish and achieve their full potential for the benefit of themselves and for Guide Dogs.
- BSc/BA in business administration or relative field (or equivalent work-related experience)
- Proven experience of managing a team in an administration / service support function
- Evidence of dealing with confidential issues sensitively and with total integrity
- Working in a customer service environment
- Involvement in leading or closely supporting projects to successful conclusion
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Degree (or equivalent work-related experience)
- Health & Safety / compliance monitoring experience
- Process management and Process improvement methodologies
- Experienced with Salesforce and/or CARE CRM systems
- Experienced in report building from CRM databases
As this role requires an Enhanced Disclosure check the start date for the successful candidate will only be confirmed upon receipt of the check.
The Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults with whom they work. They expect all of their employees and volunteers to fully share this commitment.
Please note: we reserve the right to close any of our vacancies early.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement may also be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-C6792
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Guide Dogs
Full-Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Edinburgh, Scotland. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.