Customer Service Advisor / Reception Administrator with strong organisation and communication skills, as well as tact and diplomacy, required for a leading Specialist Vocational College based in London.
SALARY: £21,000 per annum (depending on experience) + Benefits
JOB TYPE: Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Customer Service Advisor / Reception Administrator with strong organisation and communication skills, as well as tact and diplomacy.
Successful candidates will work in a dual role, predominately working within the Customer Services Department, but will also provide support to the College’s Admissions Department during busy periods.
Working as Customer Service Advisor / Reception Administrator you will enjoy working in a busy reception as well as a busy call handling environment predominantly handling and managing all telephone and email enquiries.
As the Customer Service Advisor / Reception Administrator you will have strong communication, and organisation skills, as well as tact and diplomacy, coupled with the ability to deal with people at all levels and have a good knowledge of IT packages. Flexibility to support all areas of the business as required is an essential pre-requisite for the role.
In many cases you will have access to high level information which is confidential in nature and as such you will be required to maintain professional discretion at all times when dealing with external contacts and other staff members within the College.
As the Customer Service Advisor / Reception Administrator, you will also be required to maintain systems and assist with any audit requirements and/or preparation of audits and internal / external inspections.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Customer Service Advisor / Reception Administrator:
- To receive all incoming telephone calls promptly and efficiently in a courteous, efficient and helpful manner
- Identifying the caller’s requirements, dealing with callers’ needs, or transferring calls as appropriate
- Promptly logging all telephone messages on the MIS system and responding / actioning as appropriate
- Booking students onto open days and contacting students in advance to ensure attendance. Providing subsequent confirmation of enrolment
- To work flexibly with the other receptionists to ensure the smooth operation of the reception desk. The college operates from 8.00 a.m. to 6.30 pm Monday to Friday. You may need to be able to accommodate working early and late shifts to meet business needs
- Provide Advice and Guidance for prospective students wanting to enrol on all courses (telephone, email and face to face enquiries)
- Receiving all general course / price / enrolment enquiries and processing payments for course bookings processing and enrolment confirmation
- To be able to retain information on course options, availability and changes to ensure correct information is provided at all times
- Provide additional support to the Central Admissions Team with invigilating the diagnostic open day test and carrying out audit, administration and advice and guidance sessions as required
- To ensure telephone customers are presented offers and promotions
- Provide Advice and Guidance for prospective students wanting to enrol on all courses
- Provide information on fees and financial support available
- To take part in all training to improve knowledge and selling skills
- Highlight any matters that could present a risk to the College, in a timely and effective manner
- Produce ad-hoc reports as and when required
- To maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Data Protection Act
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience of working in a very busy customer services / front of house role
- The ability to deal with sensitive matters and an understanding of confidentiality issues including data protection
- Professional discretion, maintaining a professional and effective manner with visitors, staff and learners matters
- Well-presented and professional
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to work with a high level of accuracy
- You will need to be able to demonstrate your commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Ability to deal professionally with a wide range of people
- Self-motivated and committed to own personal development
- Excellent communication, written and numerical skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks at any one time
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- The ability to be assertive and to respond promptly to problems
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills, ability to work under pressure and to deadlines including dealing with difficult and stressful situations
- Adaptability (a propensity to be flexible where necessary)
Skills, knowledge and abilities highly desirable to the role:
- Prior experience and knowledge of working within a college environment, preferably within a Reception role
- Prior experience of using college MIS systems
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4507
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in London. Recruitment job board advertising and CV sourcing services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk