999 Emergency Call Handlers (officially known within the organisation as a ‘999 Emergency Call Taker’) who can act calm and professional in sometimes difficult situations with an excellent telephone manner and good problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills is required for an organisation based in Bicester, Oxfordshire.
** Full Training Provided **
SALARY: £20,330 - £21,777 pro rata, Plus the following unsocial hours allowance.
UNSOCIAL HOURS ALLOWANCE:
- All day Saturday (midnight to midnight) and any week day after 8pm and before 6am Time plus 35%
- All day Sunday and Public Holidays (midnight to midnight) Time plus 69%
- Up to 41 Days Annual leave a year depending on Previous NHS Service (including bank holiday allowance)
- Training and support from our dedicated in-house education team
- A nationally recognised qualification in 999 emergency call prioritisation
- Occupational Health support along with an Employee Assistance Programme
- Enrolment into the Pension Scheme
- Discounts in over 200+ stores including Holidays, Days out, Car insurance, Restaurants and Clothing.
- Progression opportunities within the organisation
LOCATION: Bicester, Oxfordshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time & Part-Time, Permanent Positions Available
WORKING HOURS: The company is offering a variety of hours from a minimum of 22.5 hrs (8-hour shifts) per week up to 37.5 hours. Candidates will be required to work a variety of shifts which will include nights, weekends, bank holidays and religious holidays. Please note all candidates will be required to be Full-Time whilst completing the training.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: This job involves dealing with patients in emergency situations. It can be quite stressful and upsetting at times and will require candidates that can stay calm under pressure.
- Are you looking to make a real difference to patients, the community and colleagues?
- Are you looking for the challenge of working in a fast paced, dynamic and adaptable Service, with a career that’s not just ‘another job’?
The organisation is looking to recruit reliable and enthusiastic candidates to work as a 999 Emergency Call Handler and join their motivated, friendly and hardworking team to support the smooth running of the EOC department.
Working as a 999 Emergency Call Handler you will help support the 999 service and will deal with potential life and death calls from members of the public. This could vary from someone who has fallen over, helping someone perform CPR or assisting with the birth of a baby! This is a career where no two calls are ever quite the same.
As a 999 Emergency Call Handler you will be part of the team where you will be working in the ambulance control centre alongside Dispatchers, Clinicians and other NHS professionals. You will be directly involved with live emergency calls, taking vital information to help arrange the most appropriate care and support.
As a 999 Emergency Call Handler you will be required to demonstrate excellent communication skills with a broad range of patients, family members and other healthcare professionals. You will need to have a caring and compassionate nature and maintain composure whilst dealing with stressful and emotional situations. Having excellent keyboard skills is vital for this job role as you will need to record accurate information quickly.
Successful candidates will be required to complete an eight-week fulltime training programme at commencement of post which is fully paid. This covers internal systems, NHS pathways assessments and call centre mentoring.
You will need to be over 18 to apply due to the shift patterns that are involved in this position.
PLEASE NOTE: You will need access to a laptop/computer for your Assessment if shortlisted.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7042
Full-Time and Part-Time Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Bicester, Oxfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk