Criminal Duty Solicitor / Defence Lawyer with previous experience managing a diverse range of legal cases is required for a leading Law Firm located in Hartlepool, County Durham, North East England.
SALARY: Negotiable Depending on Experience + Benefits
LOCATION: Hartlepool, County Durham, North East England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will need a full Driving Licence
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Criminal Duty Solicitor / Defence Lawyer with previous experience managing a diverse range of legal cases.
Working as the Criminal Duty Solicitor / Defence Lawyer you will become an integral part of the Law Firm’s Crime Department. You will be taking on a diverse caseload which will be sensitive and complex of both private client and legal aid criminal files in a fully supportive environment.
This role requires eligibility to join the Court and Police Station Duty Rota Scheme as you will be required to attend police station and magistrate court clients.
As the Criminal Duty Solicitor / Defence Lawyer you will be expected to handle a full range of criminal defence cases ranging from murder, bail applications, serious fraud, drug and theft cases.
The role offers high levels of senior associate and partner contact, providing a fully supportive environment in which you are able to excel.
This is an extremely challenging and demanding but rewarding role.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Criminal Duty Solicitor / Defence Lawyer:
- Attend to clients over the telephone, in the office, at a branch office or at another location outside of the office, such as Police Stations and Magistrate Courts
- Take instructions and provide advice in the best interest of the client
- Work to tight deadlines, prioritising your workload and progressing matters accordingly
- Travel to other sites when required. You will be based at Hartlepool office. However, you will also be required to cover branch offices at Peterlee and Catterick Garrison
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- You will be a qualified Solicitor with experience handling criminal legal cases
- Candidates must have their Police Accreditation
- You will need to have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- You will be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills with a range of people from all backgrounds
- You will need to be self-serving using Microsoft Office packages
- You will need a current full driving licence
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4836
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Hartlepool, County Durham, North East England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk