Credit Controller with good organisational, communication, administrative and time-management skills is required to work remotely for a well-established Company.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Credit Controller with good organisational, communication, administrative and time-management skills.
Working as a Credit Controller your primary function is to manage and coordinate the forecasting, through to payment, of all current and overdue customer debt. In doing so, you will maintain company DSO and ageing debt at acceptable levels, as well as projecting an accurate cash flow overview.
As a Credit Controller you will contribute to this by managing an allocated set of customer accounts and providing regular updates as requested, whilst ensuring relevant action is taken to resolve or escalate any issues highlighted during the collection cycle.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Credit Controller will include:
- Proactive daily credit management of allocated accounts via telephone, letter and email
- Investigate and resolve internal and external customer queries in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain an audit trail of credit control activities and collection history by regular maintenance of the Credit Control report to enable accurate, timely and realistic cash forecasting
- To be accountable for the accurate and detailed analysis of collections to ensure cash flow forecasting is timely, effective and realistic. This includes the daily maintenance of the Credit Control report forecasting model, entering accurate forecast dates and confirming future forecasted figures
- Assess new account applications and apply terms of trading and risk category indicators based on customer knowledge, sector type, and credit rating; set up new accounts; link new accounts/contacts to orders; check existing and potential customers against the sanctions list
- Download, review and distribute the daily bank statement
- Prepare requests for credit notes in line with agreed procedures
- Weekly production of credit notes through the returns system
- Daily production of invoices through the company invoicing engines
- Invoices upload onto specific Customer Portals
- Accurate posting and allocation of customer payments by bank transfer, cheque and credit card
- Investigate unidentified cash, keeping levels to a minimum
- Maintenance of the team’s e-archives, including the daily scanning and filing of customer remittance advices
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date customer information within internal systems, including (but not exclusively) contact details, invoicing and statement addresses, in line with GDPR
- Assist with month end “cut-off” procedures and the achievement of the associated deadlines as requested by the Finance team
- Check high value orders, monitor credit check fails on a regular basis
- Previous experience in credit control is essential
- Broad understanding of company procedures
- Understanding of the following sales ledger procedures is an advantage: − Credit management of allocated accounts via telephone, letter and email
- Cash flow forecasting
- Aged debt resolution
- Query resolution
- Credit vetting
- Data cleansing
- Cash posting
- Month-end reporting
- Organisation skills – able to prioritise own workload and be responsible for personal time managemen
- Communication skills – able to express self clearly and concisely with both verbal and written communication
- Competent to an intermediate level in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Thorough, methodical administrative skills
- Judgement – able to apply business and professional knowledge objectively in weighing up facts and context, and able to prioritise effectively
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8623
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work remotely from home. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk