Cook with knowledge of HACCP and all food hygiene regulations as well as a good knowledge of health and safety policies including COSHH is required for an established care home based in Whitstable, Kent, South East England.
LOCATION: Whitstable, Kent, South East England
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Cook with knowledge of HACCP and all food hygiene regulations as well as a good knowledge of health and safety policies including COSHH.
Working as a Cook you will be required to ensure that the kitchen is run efficiently and high standards of cleanliness are maintained. That catering staff are adequately trained and supported and all meals are produced to the high standards of the company.
As a Cook you will be reporting to the Home Manager and Deputy Manager and will follow the Home’s menus ensuring special dietary needs are met, food stocks are kept up to date and that all kitchen documentation is kept up to date accordingly to current legislation.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your role as Cook will include:
- To provide meals of high standards
- To follow the Home’s menus ensuring special dietary needs are met
- To check food stocks and place orders with the designated suppliers and to participate in shopping duties required by the home
- To train all other kitchen staff in their roles
- To carry out supervisions on all kitchen staff
- To ensure clients are given a choice of menus and the choice is documented
- To ensure that all documentation is kept up to date accordingly to current legislation
- To be aware of HACCP and all food hygiene regulations and keep abreast of legislative changes as they occur
- To care for all kitchen equipment and ensure that it is being operated correctly and safely and maintained to a high standard of cleanliness
- As a team, to wash up after meals and leave the kitchen clean and tidy
- To ensure that the kitchen, food store and equipment is cleaned and maintained according to the kitchen cleaning schedule
- To be conversant with health and safety policies including COSHH regulations and to report any accident/unusual occurrences to clients, other staff, promptly to the person in charge of the home at the time
- To report immediately to the manager any machinery or equipment suspected of not operating correctly or in any way a danger or hazard
- To wear protective uniform whilst at work at all times
- To be flexible with hours and cover if necessary for Head Chef – taking over all duties
- To hold in confidence all personal information entrusted to you. To under no circumstances discuss the clients or home practises with clients relatives or anyone not employed at the home
- To adhere to the no the no smoking within the home policy
- Certificate of basic food hygiene / city and guild qualifications an advantage but not essential
- Willing to work towards Level 2 Diploma
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6963
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Whitstable, Kent, South East England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk