Cafe Kitchen Chef/Cook that takes pride in their work preparing delicious breakfasts, tasty lunches and mouth-watering deserts with excellent organisational, time management and team working skills is required for a busy food and beverage restaurant outlet in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (30 minutes north of London with a direct train link to Euston)
SALARY: £9.00 per Hour + Benefits
LOCATION: Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
WORKING HOURS: 8am – 4pm Monday to Friday
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Cafe Kitchen Chef/Cook that takes pride in their work preparing delicious breakfasts, tasty lunches and mouth-watering deserts with excellent organisational, time management and team working skills.
Working as the Cafe Kitchen Chef/Cook you will manage the day-to-day food preparation for customer orders, ensuring the food is prepared to the highest standards so that it exceeds customer expectations.
Your responsibilities as the Cafe Kitchen Chef/Cook will also involve ensuring that all the ingredients are stored correctly in line with food and hygiene standards, preparing some foods from scratch such as fresh homemade soups, tarts and other bakery items (additional training will be provided on making cakes and other bakery items if needed) and keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy.
As a successful candidate, you will have a great opportunity to join this busy and friendly Cafe where they aim to create an environment that allows families to dine together in a child friendly setting which includes a dedicated play area.
The Cafe follows the ethos of being extremely family friendly incorporating a play area as well as running educational fun workshops during summer holidays.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Cafe Kitchen Chef/Cook include:
- Food preparation - A Current Food & Hygiene Certificate, Level 2 is required. You will be able to competently carry out all kitchen preparation / activities and demonstrate all aspects of daily health and safety and food hygiene requirements. When working in the kitchen you will ensure that all goods are stored correctly and organise the kitchen to ensure smooth and prompt service of foods
- Cooking – you will be required to prepare some foods from scratch following recipe that can be referred to if necessary to ensure consistency of products. (i.e. Soups, tarts, bakery items – cakes / bakery training will be provided if needed).
- Ordering / Deliveries – when required you will be able to order stock for the Café and ensure that deliveries are promptly put away, labelled correctly and stock rotated
- Assisting in the preparation of basic foods
- Completing all the cleaning in the opening and closing procedures to a high level
- Product knowledge - you will have a good knowledge of the menu / specials
- Food labelling procedures. Food safety system in place to follow
- Restocking and replenishing of stock
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Current Food & Hygiene Certificate, Level 2 is required
- Ability to prepare basic foods such as fried breakfasts, sandwiches, soups etc.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Works to high standards ensuring food orders exceed customer expectations
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4388
Full-Time, Permanent Catering Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. Recruitment advertising and CV sourcing services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk