Senior Content Editor / Copywriter with a background in communications, marketing and PR that has excellent editing and creative writing skills is required by a leading Charity based in Reading, Berkshire.
SALARY: £33,800 - £35,800 per annum
BENEFITS: 26 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years’ service), Contributory Pension Plan, Flexible Benefits (includes: Gym Membership, Travel Insurance, Healthcare and Hospital Treatment Plan, Dental Insurance, Additional Life Assurance, Health Screening, Buying and Selling Annual Leave (up to 3 days), Cashback on Salary (up to 2% of salary equivalent)), Retail Discount and Cashback Scheme, Employee Car Lease Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Enhanced Occupational Sick, Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay above statutory minimum, Childcare Vouchers and Eye Care Vouchers
WORKING HOURS: 35 Hours per Week
JOB TYPE: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract with a view to becoming permanent
** Join One of the UK’s Best Loved Charities **
DOGS: You must be comfortable with dogs in the workplace.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Senior Content Editor / Copywriter with a background in communications, marketing and PR that has excellent editing and creative writing skills.
Working as the Senior Content Editor / Copywriter your primary purpose will be to help improve the quality and consistency of the organisation’s content, ensuring all content reinforces their brand positioning and strategic direction.
As the Senior Content Editor / Copywriter you will work with content generating teams to ensure that they are connected and working towards a common purpose and you will help develop tools and processes that enable teams to create content that is on brand, engaging and effective.
You will also create ‘’best in class’’ content that inspires, engages and moves people to action, expanding the development of such content to an organisation-wide capability.
As a successful candidate, you'll be part of a friendly, chatty and supportive team. In this brand-new role, you'll have the opportunity to contribute new ideas and develop your skills.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Senior Content Editor / Copywriter:
- Provide advice, expertise and editorial support to content creators throughout the organisation
- Responsible for coordinating and supporting the Content Working Group, creating and maintaining a central content calendar
- Support the roll out of new brand articulation, developing new key messages and updating key communication touchpoints
- Lead on cross-department content projects and creating best-in class content that can be used by the whole organisation
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Significant experience as a Writer/Editor or Content Developer with a background in communications, marketing and PR/Content production
- Experience in creating digital content
- Experience in developing and implementing integrated PR, Communications and/or Marketing campaigns
- Experience of managing large projects and complex organisational relationships
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Ability to influence people at all levels of the organisation
- Knowledge of Communications best practice
The Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults with whom they work. They expect all of their employees and volunteers to fully share this commitment.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4138
Contract to Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find work in Reading, Berkshire. Recruitment services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk