This small and growing niche consultancy which works mainly with clients in the not-for-profit sector is looking to recruit a Business and IT Consultant who has previous ‘hands-on’ experience within an IT Leadership / IT Project Manager role, and who has a demonstrable track record of providing strategic advice and identifying practical ways to improve operations.
Senior Level, Mid-Level and Junior Level Candidates Considered
The company is recruiting Consultants (all levels of experience considered) who have experience of working in a technical leadership role and who have the interpersonal skills and gravitas to influence at a senior level. Ideally, candidates will have had experience of working with not-for-profit organisations, either directly or in a voluntary capacity such as being a Trustee.
SALARY: Competitive Salary
LOCATION: Remote / Based from home, visiting client offices and attending meetings in London and elsewhere as required.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 35 hours per week, subject to client commitments
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will need dedicated home office space so that they are able to work without distraction. The company will provide PC equipment, communications and other equipment as necessary.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Business and IT Consultant who has previous ‘hands-on’ experience within an IT Leadership, Technology (Digital, Data, Strategy) and/or Finance Systems role with the ability to review processes and procedures and identify practical ways to improve them.
As a Consultant, you will work with other team members to deliver high quality services to clients on time and within budget.
You will have hands-on experience of IT leadership, planning and delivering systems to help meet strategic and operational business objectives.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Consultant will vary depending on your level of experience and may include:
Delivering consultancy assignments
- Plan and deliver consultancy work to a high standard and within budget
- Manage day-to-day relationships with clients
- Carry out meetings and facilitate workshops and preparing documentation
- Undertake interviews in person or on the telephone
- Assemble materials, reports, presentations, research and other documents
- Undertake research of various types to support consultancy engagements
- Help develop new work enquiries and document; draft proposals for new work
- Monitor and control progress and cost against proposal and budget
- Take part in presenting proposals
Developing the firm
- Represent the organisation at events
- Help to identify and secure new work
- Contribute regularly to the intellectual capital and knowledge library
- Contribute to the organisation’s strategy, values and team culture
- Produce technical research and materials
- Attend and/or speak at external seminars and conferences
- Record own time and expenses
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications
- Experience of IT / digital / data leadership and management at a senior level
- Experience of reviewing businesses and associated processes and procedures, identifying practical options for improving them and managing the change associated with implementing new/improved processes
- Experience of IT systems procurement and supplier management
- Educated to a minimum of degree standard or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft desktop applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good knowledge of the not-for-profit sector, and the drivers and issues for clients in relation to information systems
- Direct working knowledge of the effective application of IT to support business processes and user requirements
- Knowledge of trends in IT and digital/web technology and their possible applications
- First-rate report-writing skills
- Excellent written communication skills and able to present ideas in writing to a wide range of audiences
- Good oral communication and presentation skills
- Able to make judgements; innovative, but practical, approach to problem-solving and handling difficult situations
- Proactive, showing initiative and ability to work autonomously (“self-starter”)
- Able to work without close supervision
- Prior experience of working in a consultancy environment
- Experience working with not-for-profit organisations
- Experience of working remotely and communicating effectively with colleagues
- Knowledge of software suppliers and their products used by charities, membership and other not-for-profit organisations
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6482
Full-Time, Permanent, Consultancy Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in London and Home-Based. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk