Construction Field Engineer with a good understanding of construction techniques and constructability issues and previous experience as a Field Engineer on large, multi-disciplinary projects is required for a well-established Company based in Farnborough, Hampshire.
SALARY: Competitive + Excellent Benefits (see below)
LOCATION: Farnborough, Hampshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Construction Field Engineer with a good understanding of construction techniques and constructability issues and previous experience as a Field Engineer on large, multi-disciplinary projects.
Working as a Construction Field Engineer you will be part of a high performing team responsible for delivering successful projects that meet and exceed business requirements.
As a Construction Field Engineer you will play a key role in the organisation’s future, supporting the Capital Project Team in the monitoring of construction related activity across a significant deck of multi-disciplinary projects in a live operational environment.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Construction Field Engineer will include:
- Deliver regular safety engagement (including safety tours, safety surveillance and safety performance reporting) across assigned projects and associated contractors to support the development and maintenance of a culture of world class health, safety and environmental standards
- Review contractor Construction, Design & Management (CDM) and Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) submittals (including construction phase plans, risk assessments, methods statements and work permits) and monitor compliance against accepted plans
- Review contractor Quality and Commissioning submittals (including Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs) and Daily Reports), reviewing quality and verifying content prior to submission to Programme Manager
- Support the Capital Project Team in providing responses to Requests for Information (RFI), Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) and Change Control Documents as required
- Contribute to Design Development sessions to evaluate design in terms of feasibility and risk
- Inspect work within relevant disciplines to ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, standards and statutory regulations. Produce engineering solutions/field sketches to resolve site-based queries, in conjunction with Capital Project Team
- Coordinate with relevant operational leads to ensure all works are installed according to accepted design and all isolations and energisations of power supplies and mechanical plant are carried out by qualified and approved persons
- Ensure accurately recorded as-built drawings of all construction works are provided and transferred to the Capital Project Team for review and sign-off
- Qualified to Higher National Certificate (HNC) level or equivalent in construction management or engineering related discipline. Prior experience may be suitable
- Experience as a Field Engineer on large, multi-disciplinary projects with a value typically more than £5m in a relevant industry highly desirable
- Handover and project close out experience, and an associated understanding of Building Control requirements desirable
- Good understanding of Health, Safety & Environmental issues associated with the Construction industry
- Good experience of addressing Health, Safety & Environmental issues associated with construction industry highly desirable
- Good practical problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of construction techniques and constructability issues
- Good understanding of the monitoring and management of construction quality
- Strong communication skills
- Good working knowledge of computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project)
- Experience of managing multiple, interfacing, concurrent projects desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of construction contracts (NEC/JCT) contracts desirable
- Experience of preparation of Project Manager Instructions (PMI) and responses to Contractor Claims desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of airport environment desirable
- Personal resilience and the ability to manage ambiguity
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Card
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per annum (pro-rata for part time roles), plus statutory public holidays
- Workplace pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Access to medical plan including a range of private treatments (after probation period)
- Sustainable travel scheme
- Company sick pay scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to an Employee Assistance programme and helpline
- Discount on accommodation and food/beverage at affiliated hotel and pub
- Access to discount and savings scheme
- Electric vehicle scheme (after 1 years’ service)
- You'll also get all kinds of other great perks, like social events and special employee offers
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8459
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Farnborough, Hampshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk