Hotel Concierge with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to maintain a courteous and professional manner at all times is required for a well-established hotel chain based in London.
LOCATION: Central London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 48 Hours per Week
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Hotel Concierge with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to maintain a courteous and professional manner at all times.
Working as a Hotel Concierge you will be required to offer information and assistance to visitors and hotel guests in regard to hotel facilities, local attractions, dining, entertainment, transportation, sports events, recreation, tours, health and beauty treatments, child-care, cultural events and shopping.
As a Hotel Concierge you must project a positive image of the hotel and company at all times and be familiar with up-do-date information on restaurants, entertainment venues, transportation links, car hire, airport pick-up services, health & beauty treatments, child-care, cultural events, courier services, laundry facilities, shopping and any other services that may be of interest to hotel guests.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Hotel Concierge will include:
- Keep accurate record of all bookings made for guests (taxis, restaurants, child-care, tours, car-hire, mobile phone hire etc) with details of the guest name, date and time of the booking, supplier’s name, address and contact details and any other relevant information
- Keep record of all laundry orders, pick-up and delivery details
- Deliver all messages and correspondence to guests or the relevant department in a prompt and timely manner
- Ensure that brochures are displayed at the Concierge desk prominently
- Keep record and be familiar with all extension numbers in the Hotel
- Answer all telephone calls within three rings in compliance with the established protocol
- Maintain a courteous and professional telephone manner at all times
- Give accurate and clear information in response to guest enquiries
- To welcome guests upon arrival, help them with their luggage, escort them to the room and inform them of all in-room and Hotel facilities
- Deliver laundry/dry cleaning to guest bedrooms in a timely manner
- Serve drinks (including alcohol) and snacks in the bar and lobby areas, following licensing law and weights and measures requirements. Use the correct glassware and serve drinks at the correct temperature and with the appropriate accompaniments
- Identify return and regular clients and make sure they are welcomed back to the hotel
- Handle complaints promptly and professionally. Seek the assistance of senior reception staff, guest relations and the Duty Manager when necessary
- Act as part of the security team, performing security rounds, checking doors and windows especially on ground and lower ground levels and being particularly vigilant about suspicious packages and visitors not accompanied by hotel guests
- Ensure the security of all moneys kept at the Concierge desk at all times, bearing personal responsibility for it
- Be familiar with the deposit/payment policy of suppliers
- Keep the Concierge desk and lobby area clean and tidy at all times
- Carry out minor repairs in guest bedrooms and public areas when necessary
- To adhere to standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and posture
- Ensure full and accurate handover between shifts
- Attend and participate in departmental, cross-departmental and company training sessions as required
- Accept changes or additions in work hours, which are necessary for the maintenance of uninterrupted service to hotel guests
- Liaise with and assist other departments as necessary
- Dealing with room service and clearing trays
- Assisting conference and inhouse events, setups, refreshments and clear down
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7266
Full-Time, Permanent Hospitality Hotel Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Central London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk