KS3 & KS4 Trainee / Unqualified or Qualified ICT / Computer Science Teacher who has excellent subject matter knowledge and who is aware of the developments of teaching Computer Science in Schools is required by a leading Independent School based in Croydon, Surrey.
Graduates and NQTs are welcomed as training will be provided.
- Starting Salary from £21,000 FTE for unqualified Teachers
- £28,000 FTE for qualified / experience Teachers
LOCATION: Croydon, Surrey
JOB TYPE: Full-Time & Part-Time Positions Available
WORKING HOURS: 08:00 -16:30 hours, Monday to Friday with a lunch break plus preparation, meetings, and school events outside these hours, as required. The school currently work a 37-week teaching year.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Trainee / unqualified and qualified ICT / Computer Science Teacher who has excellent subject matter knowledge and who is aware of the developments of teaching Computer Science in Schools.
Working as the ICT / Computer Science Teacher you will join a high achieving school operating within shared premises in East Croydon. The school has an excellent academic as well as pastoral record. With small class sizes, the school place the utmost importance on their nurturing and supportive environment. Their aim is for their students to realise their individual potential and live as valuable members of society. If you share the school’s values, want to be part of a friendly team and contribute to their exciting and rewarding vision, then please apply to this role.
As the ICT / Computer Science Teacher your duties will include:
- Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for Computer Science to students age 11 – 16
- Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students
- Share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth
- Assist in the development of appropriate schemes of work towards selected Computer Science syllabuses
- Develop teaching resources, schemes of work, marking policies and teaching strategies in the curriculum area
- Contribute to the curriculum area and department’s development plan and its implementation
- Assist in the process of curriculum development in Computer Science to ensure the continued relevance to the needs of students, examining and awarding bodies and the school’s ethos
- Participate in relevant meetings with colleagues, parents and be involved in links with external agencies as part of curriculum enhancement, including extra-curricular activities and off-site visits
- Review your own professional development and maintain professional standards
As the ICT / Computer Science Teacher you will have the following skills, qualifications and attributes:
- Excellent subject knowledge with the ability to teach Computer Science
- A full awareness of the current issues relating to the developments of teaching Computer Science in schools
- Knowledge of the Computer Science curriculum or a willingness to learn and explore this in your teaching
- Proven teaching experience at secondary level would be an advantage, but not essential
- Appropriate qualifications for the post. Post may be suitable for an NQT or an unqualified teacher
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6197
Full-Time and Part-Time Education / Teaching Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Croydon, Surrey. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk