Community Support Worker who is compassionate, organised and enjoys helping people with good communication skills is required for a Learning Disabilities Charity.
SALARY: £18,933 pro rata + Benefits (See Below)
LOCATION: You’ll be based in or around Lincoln, Lincolnshire, East Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time and Part-Time, Permanent Jobs Available (Varied Shift Patterns and a Varied Number of Hours Available)
** All Levels of Experience Considered **
** Full Training Provided **
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates will need a full Driving Licence and use of a vehicle
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Community Support Worker who is compassionate, organised and enjoys helping people with good communication skills.
The Trust is a learning disabilities charity and a values-based organisation. Their values are central to providing high quality, personalised and effective care, support and education to their clients and students. They are passionate about making a difference to the lives of the people with learning difficulties and disabilities, by supporting them to become all they can be. As an employer, they are proud to be accredited as a Disability Confident Employer, Investors in Diversity and Investors in People. You will be joining a 700 plus strong team of staff and volunteers who work county wide.
This role will be involved being front line staff who help adults with care and support needs to achieve their goal of living independently.
Working as the Community Support Worker you will be involved with:
- The job roles are varied and determined by the type of service being provided and the person supported
- We are looking for people to provide high quality compassionate care and support clients who live in their own home or within the community
- No two days are the same as you support clients with a wide of activities including domestic tasks, shopping trips, leisure activities, social occasions, personal care and medication
- You would be working as part of a team working across different locations in Lincoln support is provided on a 24/7 basis
Why apply for this Community Support Worker role with the Trust?
The Trust pride themselves in looking after their staff, which is why they provide excellent training on all aspects of the role and invest in their employee’s growth, with career progression opportunities, incremental salary progression, and a comprehensive benefits package, which for a Residential Support Care Worker role includes:
- 6 Weeks Annual Leave (including Bank Holidays) rising to 8 Weeks
- Life Assurance x 5 Annual Salary
- Company Health and Wellbeing Benefits Package including employee assistance helpline and online discounts
- Long Service Bonus every 5 years
As the Community Support Worker, you will have the following:
- Need to be flexible to support the requirements of the service
- A driving licence and the use of a vehicle is required for this role
- Use to working both independently and as part of a team
- Able to travel flexibly and independently throughout the local area
- Able to communicate effectively both verbal and written communication
- Good housekeeping skills including cooking, cleaning, and budget management
- An interest in working with, supporting and enriching the lives of individuals with learning disabilities
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5347
Full-Time and Part-Time Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Lincoln, Lincolnshire, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk