PR, Media Relations and Communications Officer who has experience of working within a busy press office with a solid understanding of the media landscape from National Press / Print, TV Broadcasting and Online / Digital is required by a leading Charity based in Reading, Berkshire.
SALARY: £26,800 - £28,300 per annum
BENEFITS: 26 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years’ service), Contributory Pension Plan, Flexible Benefits (includes: Gym Membership, Travel Insurance, Healthcare and Hospital Treatment Plan, Dental Insurance, Additional Life Assurance, Health Screening, Buying and Selling Annual Leave (up to 3 days), Cashback on Salary (up to 2% of salary equivalent)), Retail Discount and Cashback Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Enhanced Occupational Sick, Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay above statutory minimum, Childcare Vouchers and Eye Care Vouchers
WORKING HOURS: 35 Hours per Week, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
LOCATION: Reading, Berkshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
** Join One of the UK’s Best Loved Charities **
DOGS: You must be comfortable with dogs in the workplace.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a PR, Media Relations and Communications Officer who has experience of working within a busy press office with a solid understanding of the media landscape from National Press across Print, Broadcast and Online, with an awareness of engagement techniques across digital platforms
Supported by the Marketing Communications Manager, you will have a wide-ranging, creative role and be supported to develop and implement integrated communications campaigns which promote, protect and raise the Charity’s profile amongst key target audiences.
The PR, Media Relations and Communications Officer will be required to work closely alongside key stakeholders including a diverse Communications team which has a broad remit consisting of internal communications; national PR and media relations, ambassador and celebrity management, and stakeholder engagement.
The successful candidate will have an exciting opportunity to work in a growing and fulfilling environment where your efforts will be greatly appreciated by the Charity and the thousands of people they help.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the PR, Media Relations and Communications Officer:
- With the support of the Communications Manager, to be the communications lead for specific projects or campaigns which meet strategic objectives
- Develop and implement multi-channel, integrated communications plans with measurable KPIs
- Proactively and creatively tell the Charity’s story, generating ideas that work across all platforms which will inspire their audiences to engage with their Brand
- Write and edit news releases, articles and other copy for both external media and internal publications
- Build strong and on-going relationships with key journalists contacts and with partner organisations, developing use of their channels to raise awareness with your key audiences in support of the Charity’s strategy
- Work with other departments and members of staff to understand their communications needs and provide creative solutions which meet strategic objectives
- Act as a key advisor on handling difficult issues with the media and keep up-to-date with relevant issues in the media, gaining coverage for the Charity where possible
- Take part in an out of hours duty rota and respond appropriately in the event of a crisis
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
As the PR, Media Relations and Communications Officer you will have the following demonstrable experience:
- Be a natural storyteller with a strong understanding of the media landscape and a keen sense for what makes a good news story and engaging content
- Solid experience of working within a busy press office and as part of an integrated communications team
- A track record of identifying, developing and securing high quality media opportunities which meet strategic objectives and KPIs
- Be comfortable pitching to media on a regular basis including national broadcast; online and print as well as specialist trade
- Excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to write for a range of audiences and sectors
- The ability to tackle complex issues and transform them into concise and engaging communications
- Ability to build a rapport and strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- The Charity is a learning organisation and they are committed to fostering a positive climate for continuous learning. They expect all their people to demonstrate commitment and actively participate in continuous professional development (CPD).
- Commitment to Charity’s purpose and values
The Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults with whom they work. They expect all of their employees and volunteers to fully share this commitment.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4432
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Reading, Berkshire. Recruitment advertising and Candidate CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk