Commis Chef with the ambition to train in different aspects of kitchen operations, including food preparation, cooking and presentation, maintaining cleanliness, timeliness of service, hygiene and safety standards is required for a well-established hotel chain based in Central London.
LOCATION: Central London
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Commis Chef with the ambition to train in different aspects of kitchen operations, including food preparation, cooking and presentation, maintaining cleanliness, timeliness of service, hygiene and safety standards
Working as a Commis Chef you will work under the supervision of senior kitchen staff to produce food complying with consistently highest standards of quality, taste and presentation.
As a Commis Chef you will be required to contribute to the efficient running of the kitchen and assist in the preparation of food to the highest standard, ensuring that all meals are served in a timely and professional manner.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as Commis Chef will include:
- Work under the supervision of senior kitchen staff to produce food complying with consistently highest standards of quality, taste and presentation
- Participate in the preparation, cooking and presentation of breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, room service and other meals for clients, including groups and conference delegates
- Ensure that all meals are served in a timely and professional manner
- Assist in the preparation of food for of buffet displays
- Identify own training needs and communicate them to the Head Chef, F&B manager or a senior member of the team
- Contribute ideas to the development of new menus
- Assist in exercising effective stock and waste control
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is in good working order and complying with safety standards. Report any faults immediately
- Perform cleaning duties as required
- Observe and implement hygiene and safety standards
- Be fully conversant with all departmental fire and emergency procedures
- To adhere to standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance
- Arrive on duty at the correct time
- Ensure effective communications and cooperation between the kitchen and other departments
- Attend and participate in departmental, cross-departmental and company training sessions as required
- Accept changes or additions in work hours, which are necessary for the maintenance of uninterrupted service to guests
- To become conversant with:
- Cooking methods and techniques
- Fire prevention procedures
- Health and Safety policy and emergency procedures
- Food Safety Act and Food Hygiene regulations
- Health & Safety at work requirements
- Current marketing promotions
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7506
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Central London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk