Commercial Contracts and Compliance Manager / In-House Legal Counsel / Solicitor / Lawyer that has the ability to work through complex legal documentation with Contract Law experience.
SALARY: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
LOCATION: Luton, Bedfordshire
** Trainee / Junior and Senior Level Applicants Considered **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Commercial Contracts and Compliance Manager / In-House Legal Counsel / Solicitor / Lawyer that has the ability to work through complex legal documentation with Contract Law experience.
Working as the Commercial Contracts and Compliance Manager / In-House Legal Counsel you will provide advice to the Company covering the following topics:
- Procurement processes, identifying legal risk and mitigation
- Review and negotiation of Confidentiality Agreements
- Purchase Terms and Conditions
As the Commercial Contracts and Compliance Manager / In-House Legal Counsel you will also be responsible for oversight of risk management, best practice and compliance issues; designing and implementing a risk management plan of action for the firm and developing the wider Risk and Compliance function.
Your responsibilities as the Commercial Contracts and Compliance Manager / In-House Legal Counsel will also involve acting as a specialist adviser to the firm on all aspects of legal service quality, professional compliance and legal service risk management.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Company offers an innovative HR and Payroll solution that allows employers and employees to easily manage the day-to-day back-office tasks, freeing up time, improving productivity and revenues, whilst reducing operational costs.
HR and Payroll functions are brought together in one place but the possibilities for what it can offer is endless.
Simple, secure and efficient, the Company is ‘changing the face of work’ by introducing enhanced transparency between employees and employers creating better working relationships.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your key duties and responsibilities include:
- Identifying commercial and legal risk and suitable strategies for mitigation
- Supporting (and eventually leading) all aspects of legal support with the business
- Assisting internal clients through the internal processes
- Minimising legal risk within the business more generally
- Assisting Procurement to negotiate successfully and within risk boundaries
- Retaining and filing all relevant documentation
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- A Lawyer / Solicitor, with a law degree and eligible to hold a Practicing Certificate is preferred or candidates that have previous commercial experience as an In-House Trainee Lawyer
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of internal and external clients, with differing backgrounds (commercial, legal, academic and technical)
- Ability to work to a deadline and managing several deadlines at one time
- Ability to work with internal clients in other jurisdictions
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- The ability to communicate and influence both internally with clients and externally with client lawyers
- Ability to think of creative solutions
- Commercially aware and with an interest in the wider business and its ventures
- Ability to work through complex legal documentation, identifying commercial as well as legal risk
- Experience in legal drafting, including bespoke agreements