CNC Setter Operator / Turner / Turning / CNC Machinist with excellent communication skills and experience of operating CNC Machines and the ability to follow standard works instructions is required for TE Connectivity based in Hastings, East Sussex.
SALARY: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum + 33.33% Shift Allowance + Benefits
LOCATION: Hastings, East Sussex
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SWING SHIFT PATTERN:
Monday to Thursday: 06:00am – 14:00pm / 14:00pm – 22:00pm
Friday: 06:00am – 13:00pm / 13:00pm – 20:00pm
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a CNC Setter Operator / Turner / Turning / CNC Machinist with excellent communication skills and experience of operating CNC Machines and the ability to follow standard works instructions.
As the CNC Setter Operator / Turner / Turning / CNC Machinist you will set and operate first and second operation machines to accurate specifications ensuring that components are produced correctly to drawings and delivered on time.
Working as the CNC Setter Operator / Turner / Turning / CNC Machinist you will have a good basic standard of education with an engineering bias and will be able to unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
CREATING A SAFER, SUSTAINABLE, PRODUCTIVE AND CONNECTED FUTURE
As the go-to engineering partner for today's innovation leaders and technology entrepreneurs, TE Connectivity are helping solve tomorrow's toughest challenges with advanced connectivity and sensors solutions. For more than 75 years, we have partnered with customers to produce highly engineered connectivity and sensing products that make a connected world possible.
Our Hastings site is unique in that it is only one of a few sites where we have all functions needed on-site to take raw material in, and ship a fully functional connector out to our customers.
Your duties and responsibilities as the CNC Setter Operator / Turner / Turning / CNC Machinist will include:
- Programme, set and operate CNC multi turret/spindle machines (Fanuc program control), inspecting your own work and recording the results to ensure the required quality is maintained
- Taking drawing to part (read the drawing and make that part)
- Working effectively and resolving issues in a team environment
- Accurately complete all necessary material movement paperwork (i.e. route cards, material traceability, program changes)
- Perform any additional operations necessary (including deburring) that are required to produce finished components
- Set and operate manual machines as necessary
- Involvement in continuous improvement activities / Lean processes
- Monitor OEE and machine waiting times
- Assist with supervising other members of the production department as required
- Experience of CNC machine tools setting, operating, engineering
- A good basic standard of education is required with an engineering bias
- Ability to perform fast set-ups / change overs is essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good understanding of Lean Manufacturing (4M’s; 5S’s etc.)
- The ability to follow standard works instructions is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of working on own initiative
TE Connectivity is an equal opportunity employer
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6179
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of TE Connectivity