HCPC Registered Clinical Psychologist with experience of working with children and young people with Autism and associated language and communication difficulties, and skills in administering psychometric and cognitive assessments, is required to join our team at Swalcliffe Park School.
SALARY: £38,890 - £62,001 pro rata (NHS Band 7 – Band 8b)
BENEFITS: Generous Holiday (13 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken in school holidays), negotiable Pension Scheme membership, Sickness entitlement 2 weeks full pay 2 weeks half pay, regular supervision and CPD opportunities
LOCATION: Swalcliffe, Nr Banbury, Oxfordshire
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 38 Weeks Term Time, this is a part time position of 22.5 hours per week, typically over 3 days, but flexible working hours may be available
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an HCPC Registered Clinical Psychologist with experience of working with children, young people and/or adults with Autism and associated language and communication difficulties, and skills in administering psychometric and cognitive assessments.
The HCPC Registered Clinical Psychologist will join our growing multi-disciplinary team of Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Clinical Psychologists, providing clinical psychology support and advice to a range of audiences including, students and their parents, referrals and assessment tea, teachers, learning support assistants and residential staff.
The school has an integrated approach to the delivery of therapeutic support both during the school day and during residential time out of school. The role includes responsibility for own caseload as well as a training and consultation component to staff and parents.
Our school provides specialist day and residential education, therapeutic support and care for secondary aged autistic boys (10-19 years). We offer excellent working conditions in a beautiful environment, including paid school holidays, opportunities for career development and staff training.
Awarded “Outstanding Education & Care” OFSTED 2019
As the HCPC Registered Clinical Psychologist you will be joining a growing department which is developing and delivering innovative approaches to improving the Quality of Life of our students and their families.
Some of your duties as a HCPC Registered Clinical Psychologist will include:
- Carry out formal and informal assessments of students
- Liaise with staff and parents
- Work some time out of school hours to support residential staff
- Develop and deliver individual and group interventions
- Write reports for and attend Annual Review meetings
As a HCPC Registered Clinical Psychologist you will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology
- Registered member of HCPC
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist or eligible for chartered status with the BPS
- Evidence of recent and continuing professional development in your professional field and its relevance to the post’s requirements, including training in supporting the assessment and management of language, communication and/or social competencies in school aged children
- Experience of working with children, young people and/or adults with Autism and associated language and communication difficulties
- Experience in using a wide range of assessment tools and therapeutic interventions related to students with Autism
- Handling significant levels of complex casework as a psychologist with children, young people and families in a range of settings across the 10-19 age range
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake an enhanced disclosure. We are an equal opportunities employer.
HOW TO APPLY
You will be required to complete an Application Form, which we will be emailing over separately. Please keep an eye out for our email.
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6690
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Swalcliffe Park School