Part-Time Cleaner / School Cleaning Operative who takes pride in a job well done, is punctual, reliable and trustworthy, is required by a leading Independent School based in Croydon, Surrey.
SALARY: National Minimum Wage
LOCATION: Croydon, Surrey
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Term Time 16:00 -18:00 hours, Monday to Friday – The cleaning rota may vary during school closure periods. Daily hours may increase with a finish time of 19:00 TBC.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Part-Time Cleaner / School Cleaning Operative who takes pride in a job well done, is punctual, reliable and trustworthy.
Working as the Part-Time Cleaner / School Cleaning Operative you will work between the primary and secondary school buildings as required, ensuring that a high level of cleanliness is maintained throughout the premises.
As the Part-Time Cleaner / School Cleaning Operative you will be flexible to the changing demands of the post, and willing to undertake any training relevant to the role. There may be additional cleaning work available in the adjoining buildings but this is optional.
As the Part-Time Cleaner / School Cleaning Operative your duties will include:
- Ensure that a high level of cleanliness is maintained throughout the premises
- Use cleaning materials appropriately, as instructed and economically; to inform Line Manager when stocks are low
- Ensure that tools and equipment are in good working order, reporting any faults to Line Manager
- Empty and clean bins and remove waste to designated area, including the separation of waste, i.e. recycling
- Clean internal glass and internal and external door glass
- Where practicable ensure windows and doors are closed and lights switched off
- Report to Line Manager any defects seen which are likely to affect security i.e. broken/cracked window etc. Reporting hazards, such as fire hazards, blockages, etc.
- Where necessary, use electrical and mechanical equipment, floor polishers etc. after appropriate training
- Use only approved cleaning materials in accordance with manufacturers printed instructions and COSHH regulations. Chemicals should never be mixed with other chemicals
- Be aware of your responsibility for Health & Safety of yourself and others
- Every employee is responsible for their own Health & Safety, as well as that of colleagues, service users and the public. Employees should co-operate with management, follow established systems of work, use protective equipment where necessary and report defectives and hazards to management
- Participating in the ongoing development, implementation and monitoring of the service plans
- Be flexible to changing demands of the post
- Take pride in a job well done, committed to achieving high standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Willing to undertake any training relevant to the role
- Trustworthy, maintaining confidentiality at all times in respect of business related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Initiative and the ability to work without supervision
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6280
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Croydon, Surrey. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk