Part-Time Cleaner / School Cleaning Operative and Laundry Assistant with some cleaning experience and basic sewing and clothing repair skills is required for a well-established Senior School that is all about getting the very best – intellectually, personally and spiritually from the young people it is privileged to care for.
SALARY: £9.30 per hour + Benefits (See Below)
LOCATION: York, North Yorkshire
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 25 hours per week, 7am to 12noon Monday to Friday working during school term times plus 2 weeks in the summer holidays and one week in the Easter holidays
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once you’ve applied, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Part-Time Cleaner / School Cleaning Operative and Laundry Assistant with some cleaning experience and basic sewing and clothing repair skills.
Working as the Part-Time Cleaner / School Cleaning Operative and Laundry Assistant you will work to high standards to clean the senior school from 7am to 9am daily and then work as a Laundry Assistant from 9am to midday.
As the Part-Time Cleaner / School Cleaning Operative and Laundry Assistant you will be an effective and co-operative member of the cleaning team, reporting to the Cleaning Team Leader and will also have basic sewing skills – with the ability to fit a new zip and repair a seam.
Your duties as Part-Time Cleaner / School Cleaning Operative and Laundry Assistant will include:
- Cleaning locker rooms/classrooms/toilets/corridors and various other areas across the school
- Use of cleaning machinery (for which training will be given)
- Collecting laundry from the boarding houses
- Using washing machines to launder boarding students’ bedding and personal clothing
- Making minor repairs to boarding students’ clothing as and when required (eg fitting a new zip or repairing a seam)
- Conscientious, flexible and easy going personality with the ability to work calmly, under pressure in a busy environment
- Able to clean to the high standard directed by the Cleaning Team Leader
- Basic sewing skills – ability to fit a new zip and repair a seam
- The ability to switch between tasks with ease and a good sense of humour
- Ability to get on well with a diverse range of people – international boarding students, school staff including teachers, day students, support staff
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and other safeguarding checks.
The School enjoys a very pleasant working environment close to York Minster and the historic city centre of York. The benefits package includes:
- 50% school fee remission for the children of staff
- Very generous school holidays
- Generous pension contributions
- Complimentary home-cooked lunches and refreshments at break
- A friendly and inclusive staff room
- A supportive culture where everyone is encouraged to be their best self
- On-site parking usually available (a rarity in central York and not guaranteed!)
- Covered, secure bicycle storage and cycle to work scheme
- Free annual flu jabs offered
- Use of the fitness suite and swimming pool
- Generous training budget and a variety of professional and personal development opportunities
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Once we’ve reviewed your CV, we will email over some extra details regarding the application process that you will need to complete as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for our email.
CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6279
Part-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in York, North Yorkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk