Class 2 Driver / HGV Driver with experience as a multi-drop delivery driver with a minimum of a Class 2 or Class 1 C + E Licence is required for a well-established organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
SALARY: Competitive + £500 Retention Bonus + Excellent Benefits
RETENTION BONUS: A £500 Net one-off payment will be made after 6 months service (the company will pay the Tax and National Insurance contributions on this payment). This payment will be made at the Management's discretion.
LOCATION: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time and Part-Time, Permanent Jobs Available
WORKING HOURS: varying start times throughout the night from midnight onwards
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Class 2 Driver / HGV Driver with experience as a multi-drop delivery driver with a minimum of a Class C or C + E Licence and a minimum of 35 hours of Driver CPC training.
Working as a Class 2 Driver / HGV Driver your role will be to deliver the company’s products direct to the customers engaging with the customers day in, day out, and providing a great customer focus and a professional face of the business.
As a Class 2 Driver / HGV Driver Safety you will be reporting to a Transport FLM and be responsible for ensuring the safe delivery and/or collection of all goods to/from the customers. You will also provide accurate information with a driver debrief and represent the company with your performance and actions within this customer facing role
Your role as a Class 2 Driver / HGV Driver Safety will include:
- Full debrief on return to site, ensuring all questions are answered and necessary paperwork is returned
- Accurate and timely return of POD’s, that comply with standards
- Use of B2B system on return to site, processing any adjustments correctly, liaising with Transport Administrators and the team to understand losses
- Ensuring that you are driving/working within the working time directive guidelines
- Work towards zero tachograph infringements with regular card downloads
- Complete annual CPC training in liaison with FLM & Driver Assessor
- Accurate and timely defect reporting on all vehicles. Pre and Post use circle checks in line with legal framework
- Reporting any roadside authority checks, parking infringements, hazards, road traffic incidents/accidents in line with company procedures
- Adopt SAFED driving techniques, working alongside management to deliver 90% on time performance
- Presenting a professional appearance, clean and tidy; ensuring vehicles are cleaned as per site schedules
- Being polite and courteous with all customers
- Having a flexible approach to changes in routes/timings
- Work with transport administrators and management to resolve complaints/issues within time frames
- Good numeracy & literacy skills
- Previous experience in a busy multi drop environment
- Hold the appropriate clean driving license C (Class2) or CE (Class 1) (Must be kept up to date at all times)
- A minimum of 35 hours of Driver CPC training is essential
- Good Interpersonal skills and a real team player
- Presents themselves in a professional manner; smart appearance, good time keeping, organised, polite and helpful
- Conscientious and flexible in their approach to work
- 5 weeks holiday, plus statutory holiday (pro-rated to shift pattern)
- Pension Scheme with Life Assurance
- Benefits for you and your family through the ‘Extra Slice’ scheme; including healthcare, gym discounts and access to hundreds of retailer discounts
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7144
Full-Time and Part-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk