Chief Operating Officer / COO who has a record of successful leadership and achievement, with experience of working with teams at a high level to support the direction and strategies of the business is required for a Museum based in Dudley, West Midlands.
SALARY: circa. £65,000 per annum
LOCATION: Dudley, West Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
This is a great opportunity for an innovative, collaborative, values-led Chief Operating Officer / COO to continue the Museum’s journey of transformational change and to deliver effective and empowering operational leadership across the organisation.
The organisation is seeking a confident, dynamic, engaging Chief Operating Officer / COO who has an appetite for curiosity, tolerance for uncertainty and crucially, adaptability to embrace change.
Working as the Chief Operating Officer / COO you will join an organisation that is one of Europe’s most successful open-air museums. Their strategic view is that their success originates from being an independent heritage business and giving equal weight to their purpose as a museum, charity and visitor attraction. The Museum is also in the midst of the single largest development in their 43-year history, with a £30m investment; taking the stories they tell into the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Chief Operating Officer / COO will include:
- Lead the strategic development of the relevant functions; maximising cross-function collaborations
- Central role in developing the Museum’s short, medium and long-term business planning
- Develop and manage annual revenue budgets and capital plans
- Lead, manage, inspire and develop high performing operational teams
- Lead, support and challenge Museum’s operational teams to achieve transactional and transformational change
- Encourage innovation in deliverables and outputs from operational teams
- Represent the Museum externally, relevant to the remit of the post
- Identify, develop and maintain regional, national and international partnerships
- Assist with identifying and developing opportunities for external funding and support
- Influence and contribute to national policy and thinking in areas relevant to the post
- Champion and ensure delivery of the Museum’s diversity and inclusion and sustainability agendas
- Deputise for the Chief Executive, as required, in the operational and strategic running of the Museum
The Museum is keen to hear from candidates who have proven experience of:
- Embedding a culture of inclusivity to achieve greater diversity
- Leading a range of functions in an organisation of similar scale and complexity
- Driving commercial performance in a visitor attraction or similar organisation
- Exceptional communication, organisational and management skills - including people, project and change management
- Driving innovation and performance improvement and achievement through others
- Preparation, ownership and management of sizeable financial resources
Just as critical will be your personal qualities that show effective working, multi-tasking, a collaborative approach and an inspirational leadership style.
Based in the heart of the Black Country’s regeneration zone, with good road, rail and shortly metro links we are within good commutable distance from many of the surrounding counties, including Worcestershire and Staffordshire.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and Supporting Statement to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6714
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Dudley, West Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk