Chief Operating Officer / COO who has a robust understanding of business functions, including HR, Finance, Marketing, ICT and Facilities Management with the experience to oversee the delivery of the operations is required for a national Charity.
SALARY: Competitive + Benefits
LOCATION: Foxton, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent (The organisation is open to Part-Time and Flexible Working)
** The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Chief Operating Officer / COO who has a robust understanding of business functions, including HR, Finance, Marketing, ICT and Facilities Management with the experience to oversee the delivery of the operations.
The Chief Operating Officer / COO will work closely with the Chief Programmes Officer, both reporting to and deputising for the Chief Executive.
The role of the Chief Operating Officer / COO is central in enabling the Charity to deliver impactful programmes for young people from less advantaged backgrounds and to influence practice and policy that impacts on their beneficiaries. The post holder will contribute to the strategic leadership of the Charity, ensuring that it makes the biggest possible difference, not just for their current beneficiaries, but for future generations.
The new Chief Executive is leading an exciting programme of change to cement the Trust’s position as a leading education charity supporting young people to fulfil their potential and become tomorrow’s leaders.
The Charity is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and committed individual to lead and oversee the delivery of their operations. With direct oversight of governance, financial management, income generation, external relations and facilities and HR, you will enable them to deliver against their ambitions.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Chief Operating Officer / COO:
- Oversee the ongoing operations and procedures
- Secure the functionality of the business to drive extensive and sustainable growth, including strategic development of support functions including HR and ITC
- Business Partner the CEO and Chief Programmes Officer in the design and implementation of business strategies, plans and procedures
- Oversee governance practice and processes
- Take the role of Company Secretary
- Continuously review the performance of the Trust in meeting its targets
- Ensure conformance to best practice financial policies as well as management and compliance reporting
- Develop and imbed robust risk management processes and culture
- Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics
- Provide strategic financial advice to the CEO and Board
- Ensure compliance on all regulatory matters
- Optimise the levels of income generation and brand recognition
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth and provide clear financial and service PIs to support the success of the Trust
- Assist the CEO in fundraising ventures
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
Members of the Executive team are also expected to:
- Contribute to the strategic leadership
- Deputise for the Chief Executive as agreed
- Contribute to the development of talent and leadership across the organisation
- Contribute to fundraising and external promotion
- Be accountable for delivery against performance indicators, plans and budgets
- Engage with visiting staff in national hubs
- Build an organisation with a culture of curiosity, tenacity and creativity, that is led by its values.
- Previous experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Robust understanding of business functions including HR, Finance, Marketing, ICT, Facilities Management
- Competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure, Finance systems and MS Office
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Staff management, with demonstrable evidence of staff development
- Experience in fundraising
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field
- Knowledge of charity governance, support of Trustees and charity legislation
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5322
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Foxton, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk