Chief Data Officer (CDO) / Head of Data Management, Analytics & Business Intelligence who has experience working at a senior level within a data management role that has great leadership and expert knowledge of maximising data usage is required by Guide Dogs based in Reading, Berkshire.
SALARY: £64,000 - £74,000 per annum
BENEFITS: 26 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years’ service), Contributory Pension Plan, Flexible Benefits (includes: Gym Membership, Travel Insurance, Healthcare and Hospital Treatment Plan, Dental Insurance, Additional Life Assurance, Health Screening, Buying and Selling Annual Leave (up to 3 days), Cashback on Salary (up to 2% of salary equivalent)), Retail Discount and Cashback Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Enhanced Occupational Sick, Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay above statutory minimum, Childcare Vouchers and Eye Care Vouchers
LOCATION: Reading, Berkshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 35 Hours per Week, Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Chief Data Officer (CDO) / Head of Data Management, Analytics & Business Intelligence (officially known within the organisation as a Chief Data Officer) who has experience working at a senior level within a data management role that has great leadership and expert knowledge of maximising data usage.
It is an exciting time to be a part of Guide Dogs. We have an ambition to support many more people with visual impairment. Our ambition is a future where every person with sight loss has the confidence and support they need to live their lives to the full. Our Future Direction and Strategy Overview explains how we aim to reach and support many more individuals over the next five years, from 200,000 people today, to 500,000 by 2023 and growing the number of working dog partnerships from c.5K to c.7K.
In order to achieve this, we recognise that we need to dedicate more expert technical resource and strategic focus to our technology programme. As such, we are seeking a seasoned Chief Data Officer (CDO) / Head of Data Management, Analytics & Business Intelligence who has the experience and drive to help us transform and make a significant impact on our technology transformation strategy.
As the Chief Data Officer (CDO) / Head of Data Management, Analytics & Business Intelligence you will work across Guide Dogs, building trust and engagement with our senior leaders on understanding and addressing our core data challenges.
We are looking for an ambitious and innovative leader who can act as ‘the voice of data’ within Guide Dogs and represent data as a strategic business asset, whilst creating and driving a cross-organisation vision and strategy for our data.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in data management, senior leadership and information technology systems and tools.
As a successful candidate, you will have an exciting opportunity to work in a growing and fulfilling environment where your efforts will be greatly appreciated by Guide Dogs and the thousands of people they help.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Chief Data Officer (CDO) / Head of Data Management, Analytics & Business Intelligence:
- Work with DPO to oversee data governance whilst simultaneously ensuring adoption and presiding over the data governance board
- Work with senior leaders, CIO, IS team and other internal stakeholders and external partners to gain a thorough understanding of the business, our systems and data and the requirements going forward. Work with CIO to identify our core data and technology challenges in order to understand our strategic data priorities and opportunities for transformation
- Design, coordinate and implement innovative data strategies and systems that address these challenges and drive the business forward, harnessing knowledge and expertise of big data solutions and tools
- Responsibility for adopting procedures to ensure adherence to data quality, maintenance and process governance across the organisation. Define and oversee the collection, storage and management of data across the organisation in order to measure performance
- Define and drive analytics and business intelligence initiatives and leverage the power of predictive insights and analysis to drive the business forward
- Implement data privacy policies and comply with data protection regulations, working in conjunction with the DPO
- Create and implement an organisation wide ‘data education programme’ to effectively communicate the value and importance of data to our senior leaders and employees
WORKING AT GUIDE DOGS
Working at Guide Dogs is much more than just a job. Through the values that guide our work, we make a real difference, and change lives.
We believe that wellbeing at work is about creating an environment to promote a state of contentment which allows all employees to flourish and achieve their full potential for the benefit of themselves and for Guide Dogs.
As a member of staff, we offer you a wide range of benefits to suit your individual needs. These include; 26 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years' service), flexible benefits package and a defined contribution group personal pension plan.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field – preferable
- Experience working in a Data Management role at senior level, preferably as a CDO or Head of Data
- Experience of building and leading data science organisation or practices as well as successful experience of advocating for data analytics value across a business and to diverse audiences
- Expert knowledge of maximising data usage and implementing CRM systems
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable in the design, development and validation of analytics and the relevant tools and technologies
- Proven and successful experience in a consulting role at board level in driving change within a large, complex business
- Experience working in the charity sector would be advantageous
- Outstanding communicator with exceptional relationship building skills; able to influence, with the right interpersonal skills to build trust and respect across a number of stakeholder groups
- Good working knowledge of data protection legislation
- Innovation and focus on continuous improvement; a passion for technology and able to identify the right tools, processes, and best practices needed to deliver on our vision
- Strategic thinker and commercial understanding of business
- Data driven, knowing when and how to utilise analytics to drive the organisation forward
- Eligibility to work in the UK
As this role requires an Enhanced Disclosure check the start date for the successful candidate will only be confirmed upon receipt of the check.
The Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults with whom they work. They expect all of their employees and volunteers to fully share this commitment.
Please note: we reserve the right to close any of our vacancies early.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5031
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Guide Dogs
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Reading, Berkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.