Chemical Plant Technician / Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Operative who has excellent organisational, time-management and communication skills is required to support the daily operational needs of the site for a well-established pharmaceutical manufacturing facility based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
LOCATION: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Chemical Plant Technician / Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Operative who has excellent organisational, time-management and communication skills is required to support the daily operational needs of the site.
The company is enjoying a period of organic growth. With the increase in sales and the expansion of the business, a Chemical Plant Technician / Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Operative is required to support the operation of the pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities by performing essential daily/weekly tasks and contributing to ongoing optimisation and efficiency programs.
As the Chemical Plant Technician / Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Operative you will be self-motivated, adaptable, resilient and methodical. Good communication skills are vital as the role will involve updating the current Shift Manager/Shift Supervisor and liaising with Warehouse staff to ensure stocks and consumables are available and other support tasks completed.
Full training and a specifically tailored development program will be provided.
The role is ideal for a candidate who wants to take ownership of multiple activities and improvement opportunities, fully supported by an operational and managerial team.
Your duties as a Chemical Plant Technician / Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Operative will include:
- Ensure that plant safety is maintained and safety procedures are adhered to
- Ensure operational procedures are followed
- Identify and suggest areas where improvements can be made
- Participate fully and diligently in project schemes to support continuous improvement
- Complete and review logbooks and relevant documentation promptly and accurately
- Plan and execute your own schedule, to ensure that daily tasks around the plant are completed, including equipment calibrations, housekeeping and maintaining stocks of consumable items
- Perform preventative maintenance of equipment such as vacuum pumps, thermal control units, gas detectors
- Checking/sampling/adjusting systems such as purified water generator, wet scrubbers, dosing tanks, carbon adsorption units
- Excellent communicator, able to liaise between different departments
- Demonstrated successful planning and organisational skills
- Excellent time management and prioritisation capabilities. Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to work effectively and efficiently on your own or as part of a team
- Strong sense of accountability for the outcome
- IT literate with good Microsoft Office skills
- Previous experience in the chemical/pharmaceutical industry desirable
By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7439
Full-Time, Permanent Manufacturing Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk