Chef required for a well-established Hotel chain who is creative, passionate about food with exceptional food presentation skills and the ability to source new recipes and collaborate with the Head Chef in creating new menu items.
LOCATION: Central London (Holborn / Russell Square)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Chef who is creative, passionate about food with exceptional food presentation skills and the ability to source new recipes and collaborate with the Head Chef in creating new menu items.
Working as a Chef you will be required to participate in all aspects of kitchen operations, including ordering, menu creation, pricing, food preparation, cooking and presentation, maintaining cleanliness, timeliness of service, hygiene and safety standards.
As a Chef you will aim to create a unique culinary experience for all customers, overseeing and participating in the preparation, cooking and presentation of breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, room service and other meals for clients, including VIP guests, groups and conference delegates visiting the Hotel.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Chef will include:
- Keep contact details and price list of suppliers
- Order supplies together and in the absence of the Head Chef in view of quality standards and cost control targets
- Collaborate with the Head Chef, F&B and C&B management staff to plan, develop and source recipes and menus
- Determine schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services
- Assist in pricing menus bearing in mind ingredients, labour and overhead costs
- Ensure all food complies with consistently highest standards of quality, taste and presentation
- To train and oversee junior kitchen staff
- Ensure the variety and appropriateness of menus
- Continuously source new recipes and apply them creatively in the development of new menus
- Ensure that all meals are served in a timely and professional manner
- Set up standards and procedures in the kitchen and monitor their implementation
- Identify training needs and conduct necessary training
- Actively assist in developing and updating of junior staff’s cooking skills and overall knowledge of the job
- Assist the Head Chef in exercising effective stock and waste control
- Assist in maintaining optimum levels of kitchen inventory
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is in good working order and complying with safety standards
- Establish and monitor effective employee relations and promote teamwork
- Maintain appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms and appearance of all kitchen staff
- Adhere to standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance
- Ensure effective communications and cooperation between the kitchen and other departments
- Schedule and regularly conduct routine inspections of equipment and work areas
- Monitor implementation of hygiene and safety standards in the kitchen
The successful candidate will be fully conversant with the following:
- Cooking methods and techniques
- Fire prevention procedures
- Health and Safety policy and emergency procedures
- Food Safety Act and Food Hygiene regulations
- Health & Safety at work requirements
- Current marketing promotions
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P8579
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk