Central Admissions Administrator with excellent customer service and sales skills together with attention to detail and strong organisational ability is required for a leading Specialist Vocational College based in London.
SALARY: £24,000 - £25,000 per annum + Benefits
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Central Admissions Administrator who is friendly and helpful and has excellent customer service and sales skills together with attention to detail and strong organisational ability.
Working as the Central Admissions Administrator you will join the College’s Central Admissions Department, which is responsible for new student enrolments, providing students with information, advice and guidance across a range of areas.
As the Central Admissions Administrator, you will provide effective communication to prospective students and parents/guardians in a professional manner.
This position as the Central Admissions Administrator would suite an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, has a high attention to detail and has the desire to help students achieve their learning and personal aspirations.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
- Provide effective communication to prospective students and parents/guardians in a professional manner and one which is both informative and conducive to maintaining the college's high reputation within education and industry
- Interview, assess and give clear, accurate and relevant information, advice and guidance to candidates
- Provide accurate initial fee assessment, advice and guidance as well as potential funding that may be available to candidates
- Work flexibly to allow access to candidates at times which meet their needs
- Deal with queries by phone, email and in person in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate outcomes of applications in a timely and effective manner by email
- Attend external events including school open days, Career Fairs and exhibitions and deliver presentations at these events
- Promote interest externally amongst schools, career offices, employment services and other relevant agencies by carrying out presentations, Application Events, Information, Advice and Guidance sessions, etc.
- Ensure prompt response time to any enquiry or application
- Communicate with learners about any aspect of their chosen course – start information, changes to course, course cancellation, etc.
- Process and record payments from students booking onto courses
- Investigate regular involvement with learners/groups once enrolled to maximise progression potential of each learner
- Work accurately, effectively, efficiently and flexibly
- Manage work efficiently and effectively to ensure achievement of individual and team targets within expected timeframes
- Liaise with the Job Shop to encourage learner progression into employment
- Liaise with Programme Managers and other teaching staff to encourage learner progression on to further studies
- Enter student details accurately on to the Learner Management System (REMS) and update reports as required
- Enrol students onto courses using correct funding codes
- Create course group files
- Process applications and enter relevant information on the database
- Keep product and funding knowledge up to date
- Maintain accurate tracking systems as required within the department and ensure that all work meets internal and external funding, audit and inspection requirements
- Ensure accurate record and data entry onto all systems as required by the department and management to enable accurate and full reporting
- Work to exceed the Admissions Team Targets
- Identify and communicate course demands to ensure that courses are available to meet applicants’ needs.
- Identify upcoming courses which may need more focus or a change of approach to ensure required enrolment numbers are reached
- Keep updated with all key areas contributing to enrolment to including enquiries and Application Day bookings
- Provide clear feedback to management on either potential area for training / courses not included within the curriculum or student / department issues which may be causing a barrier to learning
- Attend any meetings and training as required
- Previous experience of working in a very busy customer services/CA role
- Ability to deal with sensitive matters and an understanding of confidentiality issues including data protection
- Professional discretion, maintaining a professional and effective manner with visitors, staff and learners matters
- Good level of IT skills – adept in the use of MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to work with a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrable commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Self-motivated and committed to own personal development
- Excellent communication, written and numerical skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks at any one time
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- The ability to be assertive and to respond promptly to problems
- Strong sales ability and eagerness and dedication to meet targets and deadlines
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills, ability to work under pressure and to deadlines including dealing with difficult and stressful situations
- Adaptability (a propensity to be flexible where necessary)
- Prior experience and knowledge of working within a college environment, preferably within a Reception role
- Prior experience of using college MIS systems
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5358
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Central London. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk