School Kitchen Catering Assistant who has good organisational skills, the ability to work as part of a small team with excellent communication and social skills and an awareness of Hygiene and Health and Safety requirements is required for a day and residential primary special school based in Ottershaw, near Woking, Surrey.
SALARY: £9.18 per hour
BENEFITS: Life Assurance, Pension Scheme, Perkbox Discounts, free annual flu vaccination, Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
LOCATION: Ottershaw, near Woking, Surrey
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full Time and Part Time hours available
FULL TIME WORKING HOURS: 35 hours per week Monday to Friday, Term Time Only Plus one week during school closure period. Monday 9am – 4.30pm, Tuesday to Friday 7.45am – 3.15pm
PART TIME WORKING HOURS: 13.5 hours per week Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 2pm – 6.30pm, Term Time Only plus one week during school closure period
PLEASE NOTE: The role is subject to an enhanced DBS and barred list check
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates will be required to complete an application form, which we will send over to complete. Please keep an eye for our email.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a School Kitchen Catering Assistant who has good organisational skills, the ability to work as part of a small team with excellent communication and social skills and an awareness of Hygiene and Health and Safety requirements.
Working as the School Kitchen Catering Assistant you will support the Catering Team Leader in being responsible for all aspects of catering within the school.
As the School Kitchen Catering Assistant you will need a sound knowledge of commercial kitchen requirements as well as the ability to relate to colleagues and the children who attend the school.
The School Kitchen Catering Assistant will have the ability to work effectively in situations where a number of tasks need doing in a short timescale and needs may change at short notice.
Your duties and responsibilities as the School Kitchen Catering Assistant will include:
- Help prepare, cook and attractively present meals according to set standards, in order to provide a well-balanced nutritional menu. This includes catering for visitors and special occasions
- Cover for the Catering Team Leader when they are not in school
- Ensure that all regulations relating to food preparation, cooking and storage are complied with
- Ensure that kitchen equipment is safe to use, maintained in working order and securely stored when not in use
- Monitor and maintain a high standard of kitchen environment, paying particular attention to cleanliness/hygiene, safety, damage/wastage, tidiness and good order
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and that of others
- Ensure that the kitchen laundry is completed
- Ensure that the dining room is set up ready for lunch and clear/tidy afterwards
- Ensure there is effective stock rotation
- Assist with unloading deliveries, servicing students and staff, disposing of rubbish
- Previous kitchen experience is desirable
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to write/record simple data
- The ability to work as part of a small team
- Excellent communication / social skills
- Awareness of Hygiene and Health and Safety requirements
- Awareness when using hazardous cleaning materials
- Positive approach; common sense
- The ability to understand the needs of the pupils in a special school and work around the requirements of the children and the professionals dealing with them
- Experience of working with children is desirable
- Knowledge of COSHH regulations is desirable
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates will be required to complete an application form, which we will send over to you to complete. Please keep an eye for our email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P7138
Full-Time and Part-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Ottershaw, near Woking, Surrey. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk