Mobile Caretaker / Neighbourhood Warden that has a friendly, pro-active and customer focussed approach to their work with excellent time-management and organisational skills is required by Worthing Homes.
SALARY: £15,000 per annum + Benefits (21 Days Holiday pro rata + Bank Holidays + Christmas Shutdown, Private Medical Insurance (after qualifying period), 4% Employer Contribution to Pension Scheme)
WORKING HOURS: 30 Hours per Week (Monday to Friday)
LOCATION: Worthing, West Sussex
TYPE: 9 Month Fixed-Term Contract
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will need a Full Drivers Licence
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Mobile Caretaker / Neighbourhood Warden that has a friendly, pro-active and customer focussed approach to their work with excellent time-management and organisational skills.
Working as the Mobile Caretaker / Neighbourhood Warden you will join our Property Services Maintenance Team.
As the Mobile Caretaker / Neighbourhood Warden you will play a key part in caring for the local environment by promoting clean and safe neighbourhoods where our properties and open spaces are located.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Mobile Caretaker / Neighbourhood Warden include:
- Undertake estate / communal area inspections on a list of designated schemes / areas every month so that all required inspections are carried out quarterly throughout the year
- Responsible for any ad hoc cleaning of communal areas and surroundings, keeping paths free from litter / rubbish and prevent any unauthorised parking
- Undertake monthly legionella water temperature checks on designated schemes
- Keep a log of issues as they arise and report incidents of vandalism, anti-social behaviour, abandoned vehicles, fly tipping, and environmental problems using the IT equipment and forms provided
- Raise any remedial works at the end of every day to the relevant contractor following the completion of the inspections
- Clean light fittings and replace bulbs where necessary
WHO ARE WE?
Helping people create sustainable futures
We believe that good quality affordable housing is the foundation required for so many other things that we all depend on but may take for granted – security, education, health, work and support networks.
It’s much more than bricks and mortar – it’s about people, communities and opportunities.
Worthing Homes has over 3,500 properties in the Sussex coastal area. We provide affordable rented homes, key worker accommodation, low cost shared ownership, sheltered housing and new homes for local people.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we strive to effectively manage, maintain and improve their homes.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate will:
- Proven experience of working within a similar role
- Evidence of commitment to delivering a high quality customer service and a continued commitment to improvement
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office systems, including MS Word and MS Outlook and the ability to utilise bespoke databases for inputting and information retrieval
- Experience of providing a front-line service and dealing with customers face to face
- Experience of working within a building repairs / housing environment
- Excellent organisational skills
We are an inclusive organisation and value each individual’s unique contribution, irrespective of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details.
JOB REF: AWDO-C4262
This vacancy is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Worthing Homes
Jobs, Careers and Vacancies at Worthing Homes. Find work in Worthing, West Sussex. Recruitment Advertising and CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.