Caretaker / Handyperson / Building Maintenance Operative / Gardener / Property Manager / Facilities Manager that has good DIY and Gardening skills with ideally previous Facilities and / or Property Management experience that has the ability to manage trades people (Electricians, Plumbers, Builders) and other third party contractors is required for a well-established not-for-profit Leasehold Management Company.
SALARY: £23,023 Pro Rata (take home pay £13,156 per annum based on 20 Hours per Week) / £12.65 per Hour + Benefits
LOCATION: Candidates can be either based in Leatherhead or Cobham, Surrey
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 20 Hours per Week, Monday to Friday (4 Hours per Day)
** 2 Jobs Available **
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates will need previous experience of working as a Caretaker, Handyperson, Gardener, Building Maintenance Operative or within a similar ‘hands on’ facilities and / or property management environment.
This role can be quite physical and will involve sweeping footpaths and walkways, taking out industrial sized bins for collection, gardening and basic DIY repairs ensuring the building and surrounding outside areas are kept neat and tidy.
If you have the above qualities we would like to hear from you!
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Caretaker / Handyperson / Building Maintenance Operative / Gardener / Property Manager / Facilities Manager (officially known within the business as an Estate Manager) that has good DIY and Gardening skills with ideally previous Facilities and / or Property Management experience that has the ability to manage trades people (Electricians, Plumbers, Builders) and other third party contractors.
Working as the Caretaker / Handyperson / Building Maintenance Operative / Gardener / Property Manager / Facilities Manager and with the full support of a comprehensive office team, you will oversee the day-to-day running of this exclusive, brand new and beautifully landscaped estate, which will include the supervision of contractors / trades people (Electricians, Plumbers, Builders), ensuring the building, grounds and gardens are well maintained and welcoming.
Knowledge of building maintenance and basic DIY will be an advantage and a keen awareness of health and safety aspects is required.
As the Caretaker / Handyperson / Building Maintenance Operative / Gardener / Property Manager / Facilities Manager you will be pro-active and use your initiative to ensure the building is kept clean, tidy and any building repairs are carried out. You will also have a good awareness of health & safety, but equally important is a professional, friendly approach, and someone who gives a positive impression of the Company.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Caretaker / Handyperson / Building Maintenance Operative / Gardener / Property Manager / Facilities Manager include:
- Walk the site on a daily basis, identifying and ordering repairs for any defects
- Check regularly all fire alarm and safety equipment
- Make sure the inventory of all equipment and fittings is kept up to date
- Make sure that the grounds are kept clean and tidy and landscaped areas are maintained. Where you have a contractor to do this you should supervise their work
- Ensure the cleaning of communal areas is done as often as necessary to keep it to a good standard, which includes taking out the industrial sized bins for collection
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate would have the following traits:
- Previous experience working within a similar ‘hands on’ role (DIY, Gardening)
- A friendly, helpful and professional approach with excellent communication skills
- Prepared to be ‘hands on’ with estate presentation, such as gardening, carrying out basic maintenance, sweeping paths and walkways, picking up litter etc.
- Work in a pro-active manner and can find solutions
- Take pride in your work and in the estate, showing attention to detail
- Able to work well on your own
- Have good organisational, time-management and customer service skills
This post is subject to a DBS check
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4460
Part-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Leatherhead or Cobham, Surrey. Recruitment and CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk