Live-in Caretaker / Resident Handyperson / Building Maintenance Operative with good DIY skills and Facilities and / or Property Management experience that has the ability to manage trades people (Electricians, Plumbers, Builders) and other third party contractors is required for a well-established not-for-profit Leasehold Management Company.
The role is based in Woking, Surrey and you will be required to live on site within a rent free 2 bedroom flat.
SALARY: £15,500 per annum + Rent Free 2 Bedroom Flat + Benefits
LOCATION: Woking, Surrey
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
WORKING HOURS: 35 Hours per Week over 5 Days
** NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED **
** FULL TRAINING PROVIDED **
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates will need previous experience of working as a Caretaker, Handyperson, Building Maintenance Operative or within a similar ‘hands on’ facilities and / or property management environment.
This role can be quite physical and will involve sweeping footpaths and walkways, taking out industrial sized bins for collection and basic DIY repairs ensuring the building and surrounding outside areas are kept neat and tidy.
If you have the above qualities we would like to hear from you!
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Live-in Caretaker / Resident Handyperson / Building Maintenance Operative (officially known within the business as a Residential Estate Manager) with good DIY skills and Facilities and / or Property Management experience that has the ability to manage trades people (Electricians, Plumbers, Builders) and other third party contractors.
Working as the Live-in Caretaker / Resident Handyperson / Building Maintenance Operative you will oversee the day-to-day running of this large, well presented retirement estate, which will include the supervision of contractors / trades people (Electricians, Plumbers, Builders), ensuring the building, grounds and gardens are well maintained and welcoming.
Knowledge of building maintenance and basic DIY will be an advantage and a keen awareness of health and safety aspects is required.
As the Live-in Caretaker / Resident Handyperson / Building Maintenance Operative you will be pro-active and use your initiative to ensure the building is kept clean, tidy and any building repairs are carried out. You will also have a good awareness of health & safety, but equally important is a professional, friendly approach, and someone who gives a positive impression of the Company.
There will also be some administrative work and basic IT skills will be required.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Live-in Caretaker / Resident Handyperson / Building Maintenance Operative include:
- Walk the site on a daily basis, identifying and ordering repairs for any defects
- Check regularly all fire alarm and safety equipment
- Make sure the inventory of all equipment and fittings is kept up to date
- Make sure that the grounds are kept clean and tidy and landscaped areas are maintained. Where you have a contractor to do this you should supervise their work
- Ensure the cleaning of communal areas is done as often as necessary to keep it to a good standard, which includes taking out the industrial sized bins for collection
- Organise the booking of the guest suite and the use of the communal lounge and laundry room where provided
- Visit each leaseholder according to their preference
- Always be available when you’re on duty and be aware of the needs of each leaseholder and take action to support leaseholders if they need it. This might include giving emergency help and general assistance if a leaseholder is unwell or has had an accident, until the emergency services, relatives or other help arrives
- Make sure all leaseholders know about the escape routes in the event of a fire, and any other health and safety requirements
- Liaise with relatives, voluntary and other agencies about the care and support of leaseholders provided permissions been given in writing
- Carry out a wide range of administrative tasks from processing invoices, updating records, filing paperwork, sourcing contractors to carry out maintenance, gardening or building work
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate would have the following traits:
- Previous experience working within a similar ‘hands on’ role
- A friendly, helpful and professional approach
- Prepared to be ‘hands on’ with estate presentation, such as sweeping paths and walkways, picking up litter etc.
- Be decisive and quick to act
- Be sincere, considerate, proactive, decisive and quick to act and be able to work autonomously
- Empathise with older people with an understanding of the ageing process
- Willing to participate in activities with residents
- Have good organisational, time-management, customer service and administrative skills
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P4433
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Woking, Surrey. Recruitment and CV Sourcing Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk