Residential Support Care Worker who is compassionate, organised and enjoys helping people with good communication skills is required for a Learning Disabilities Charity.
SALARY: £18,934 pro rata + Benefits (See Below)
LOCATION: You’ll be based in or around Spilsby, Lincolnshire, East Midlands
JOB TYPE: Full-Time and Part-Time, Permanent Jobs Available (Varied Shift Patterns and a Varied Number of Hours Available)
** All Levels of Experience Considered **
** Full Training Provided **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Residential Support Care Worker who is compassionate, organised and enjoys helping people with good communication skills.
The Trust is a learning disabilities charity and a values-based organisation. Their values are central to providing high quality, personalised and effective care, support and education to their clients and students. They are passionate about making a difference to the lives of the people with learning difficulties and disabilities, by supporting them to become all they can be. As an employer, they are proud to be accredited as a Disability Confident Employer, Investors in Diversity and Investors in People.
Working as the Residential Support Care Worker you will be involved with:
- Assisting and monitoring clients with their personal health and care needs
- The administration and recording of medication as per the medication system
- To inform the manager of any significant developments and /or difficulties within the home
- To provide sensitive responses to clients’ needs and provide a caring environment following specific handling procedures, as detailed in the care plan, maintain their respect and dignity
- To arrange and accompany clients as necessary to doctors, dentists and some social appointments as agreed with the manager
- Planning, purchasing and preparing meals
- Development and operation of a broad range of internal and external leisure activities for and with the clients
Why apply for this Residential Support Care Worker role with the Trust?
The Trust pride themselves in looking after their staff, which is why they provide excellent training on all aspects of the role and invest in their employee’s growth, with career progression opportunities, incremental salary progression, and a comprehensive benefits package, which for a Residential Support Care Worker role includes:
- 6 Weeks Annual Leave (including Bank Holidays) rising to 8 Weeks
- Life Assurance x 5 Annual Salary
- Company Health and Wellbeing Benefits Package including employee assistance helpline and online discounts
- Long Service Bonus every 5 years
As the Residential Support Care Worker, you will have the following:
- Willing to complete in-house training and basic induction
- Experienced as working as a part of a team
- A good level of spoken and written English
- Good housekeeping skills including cooking, cleaning and budget management
- Able to remain patient in challenging situations and have an understanding approach towards the needs of individual with learning difficulties
- Flexible approach to meeting client needs
- Willing to undertake personal care when required
- An advantage if you have level 2 in care (but this training will be given)
- Previously worked in the environment of people with learning disabilities
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5346
Full-Time and Part-Time Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Spilsby, Lincolnshire, East Midlands. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk