Care Assistant / Care Worker / Carer who is a team player with good communication skills and understands the needs of older people is required for a Residential Care Home based in Windsor, Berkshire.
Experience preferred, although full training provided.
WAKING NIGHT RATE: £10.82 per hour for Weekday Night (Monday-Thursday)
£12.05 per hour for Weekend Night (Friday-Sunday)
SLEEP-IN RATE: £9.57 per hour for Weekday Night (Monday-Thursday)
£11.04 per hour for Weekend Night (Friday-Sunday)
LOCATION: Windsor, Berkshire
JOB TYPE: Part-Time, Night Shift, Bank Staff with a view to becoming permanent later this year
WORKING HOURS: A mix of Waking and Sleeping Night Shifts - approximately 24 hours per week
** All Levels of Experience Considered **
** Full Training provided **
** 2 Jobs Available **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Care Assistant / Care Worker / Carer who is a team player with good communication skills and understands the needs of older people.
As the Care Assistant / Care Worker / Carer you will join the care team for night shifts at a residential care home accommodating 30 residents.
Working as the Care Assistant / Care Worker / Carer you will ideally have previous experience, but it is not essential as a full induction and all relevant training will be provided.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the Care Assistant / Care Worker / Carer will include:
- Participate in the delivery of care to the residents to ensure that their physical, social, intellectual and emotional needs are met and ensuring dignity, choice, independence and respect
- Ensure that all aspects of the regulatory framework are met
- Consult with residents and the senior team to assist in developing individual and personal care plans for residents
- Work effectively with the team to ensure the residents’ needs are met
- Be aware of who to contact in the case of an emergency
- Assisting residents with all elements of personal care to include washing and preparing for bed, (if required)
- Monitoring residents’ health needs throughout the night
- Assist with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence, and in the use and care of aids and personal equipment
- Answer emergency bells and deal with appropriately
- Support and work closely with families and friends offering them professional and emotional support
- Understand and observe all relevant regulations, policies and procedures
- Ensure that all records are kept up to date
- Complete documentation to a clear and concise account of each individual resident in your care
- Have a full knowledge of your residents by reading and keeping up to date with their individual care notes. Noting any changes and making sure to report any that may need to be amended
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal requirements for the Care Assistant / Care Worker / Carer are:
- Previous experience in a similar role is preferred, but not essential
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people
- Good written and numeracy skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Willingness to undertake training to achieve NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent
- Demonstrate an empathy and understanding of the needs of older people
- Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P6165
Part-Time, Temporary, Bank Staff Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Windsor, Berkshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awd online | http://www.awdo.co.uk